Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

so quick question... we all know that cochin bantams grow pretty slow... how old are any chicks that you either hatch out or purchase before you put them in with your flock? I have some that are 5 weeks old, still pretty small so obviously not going to throw them in until they are bigger but just wondering what the average is before you put them in with your flock.?

I think method of raising the chicks has far more impact on when they can be introduced to the flock than size. If they are with a broody or the brooder is in the coop, they can be introduced at a very young age (a few weeks). If you brood them in a separate location, the introduction needs to be a bit slower and probably at a bit older age.

I will be looking to add some cochin to my flock of mixed breeds in July or August....I am looking for Blue Black Splash and Lemon Blue. Is anyone planning a hatch about then and do you sell sexed or straight run as I prefer pullets and also NPIP breeders...I know I am asking a lot but I want good quality birds for a possible breeding program not hatchery birds.

Hello all! Just wondering if anyone here shows their frizzle cochins?
Or where you could find show quality frizzles? Thanks!

SHOW QALITY FRIZZLES COCHIN AND MORE ARE AT
EXIBITION FRIZZEL BREEDERS ON FACEBOOK
do go and join and get some results of excellent information and names of sellers of adults, eggs and chicks.
Also yu can come to
National Poultry News and National Poultry News#3 and Glenda Heywood.
On Glenda Heywood you can put the ad free and I will post it free on NPN for you.
thanks for reading
Glenda Heywood

What would a chick look like if it was mixed between a bantam cochin hen and a standard sized australorp roo?

Here is te australorpe chicken
Australorps_hen.jpg
https://chickensdirect.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Australorps_hen.jpg
The chick may or may not have feather feeted legs.
It depends on which features it gets from the male or female.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I will be looking to add some cochin to my flock of mixed breeds in July or August....I am looking for Blue Black Splash and Lemon Blue. Is anyone planning a hatch about then and do you sell sexed or straight run as I prefer pullets and also NPIP breeders...I know I am asking a lot but I want good quality birds for a possible breeding program not hatchery birds.

go to this site on face book
h

Cochins For Sale
Learn More About Cochins at
Cochins International

Varieties:
Buff, Partridge, White, Black, Silver Laced, Golden Laced, Blue, Brown, & Barred​
FrizzleCochinMale.jpg

Do you have birds to sell?

Create your breeder listing now! Be sure to include plenty of detail, pictures if possible, and your contact information.
Enter a brief summary of what you are selling. Include your state for easier searchability. (Ex. KY - White Leghorn Pullets)

Click here add details and photos and complete your listing
There are Birds for Sale!

Click on the links to see more information
FL - Blue Cochin Bantam Pullet
Looking for blue Cochin Bantam Pullets--I am in [email protected]

NY - Cochin Roosters (Black, Red, Lemon Splash, Lemon Blue)

I have 5 roosters for sale, all hatched early summer 2015. Can provide pics if interested. All large, nice feathering, non-aggressive. 518-366-0180 I …
VT - Golden laced Cochin roos
I have five eight week old golden laced and one buff Cochin Roos for sale. They came in my straight run order of eleven chicks from Cackle Hatchery. They …
TX - Cochin solid black less than one year old
I am selling a Solid Black Cochin Less than 1 year old. Find me on facebook. DDAWGreno Dickson @ facebook.com [email protected]/ 972-962-8138 - leave …
KY - NPIP Buff Cochin
NPIP and Ky Proud pure stock, full size Buff Cochins. Starters, chicks, and hatching eggs. www.TheWeddleFarm.com Or email: [email protected]
KY - Full Size Buff Cochin
Standard size (LF) Buff Cochin chicks and eggs (incubation available). NPIP and KY Proud certified pure stock birds. www.TheWeddleFarm.com, or email [email protected]
IL - Show Quality Partridge & Golden Laced Cochins
I have an old strain of good Partridge Cochins that I will sell hatching from in the spring. I will also have hatching eggs from my Golden Laced Cochins. …
NH - Blue, Black, Splash, Frizzled and Smooth Cochins
Blue, Black, Splash Frizzled and Smooth standard cochins are available. Contact us at chickenswapsofnh.com
Click here to write your own.
ttp://www.poultryshowcentral.com/Cochins.html

go to
htt

Show Quality Poultry
Breeder Directory

* Denotes Categories with Birds Wanted Ads
(Can you help?)

Welcome to a new way to both sell your show birds and find the ones you've been looking for. Our goal is to have a listing for every breed and be a centralized directory of show quality poultry. Add your free listing to the directory today!
319xNxCharlieRosecomb2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.UVgxN40tDe.jpg

11Save

320xNxAri-rock-closeup1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.3NL81Jx2XK.jpg

11Save

The listing you will be browsing as a buyer or listing as a seller includes up to 4 pictures and will be a link to an information-packed page! These are not one line classifieds!
Here's how it works:
Find the breed page you'd like to buy or sell. Our only request is that the birds you are selling are show-quality birds. This is Poultry Show Central, after all!
If no one has listed near you, create a "Wanted" listing so breeders can find you! If you're a breeder wanting to sell, find the page where you'd like to be found and create your FREE listing. We'll review your listing and get it posted for all to see!
We will keep your listing until you notify us that you'd like it removed. If you are interested in also becoming a Featured Breeder and getting more eyes to see your birds, please consider our advertising options.
p://www.poultryshowcentral.com/Breeder_Directory.html

Back
Top Bottom