Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
Woah nellie,
ep.gif
poor guy. Well, just a frizzle rooster for me an smooth cochin hens. I would have never known it could turn out so wrongly lol

Thank you for advize, I have ordered some smooth bantam cochin, those not going to be in until the middle of next month. I have Bantam Frizzle Cochins. For some weird reason I though that the white one will be grayish, because his/her down were grayish/bluesh. Well I was mistaken, all of the teenager feathers growing out white.

Oh my goodness, poor bird. I had a talk to one of the chicken/duck breeders from my area, and I have mention that I have bantams frizzle cochin, so he suggested for me to breed them. I had a hard time explaining to him that you should NEVER breed frizzle with frizzle or else you will end up with who knows what. I don't think I have convinced him.

Can you cross a sizzle and a frizzle or is that to much frizzle? I feel like it might be.
From what I understand SIZZLE also have a frizzle and smooth.....so my guess would be NO do not breed sizzle to frizzle as they both would have the frizzle gene. The person you would need to ask is Sherri Minkner here in California.She has been breeding sizzles for many many years.Some of her birds are now 12 generation sizzle

Hello! I have 1 black frizzle hen named (very originally) Friz
(She is hiding behind the tree)
I am setting some of her eggs. This is the rooster:

(Sorry for the bad pic, my mom took it
tongue.png
)
His name is Sampson! I am not sure if he is a Silkie Cochin cross or just a non-crested Silkie. What do you guys think? Either way, I am excited to see what the chicks will look like! I set some eggs from Game Bird hens fertilized by him as well. They turn out super cute
big_smile.png
Also, I was wondering: Do any of y'all sell your fertile frizzle and/or Cochin eggs? I would like to hatch some. I would like to have more Cochin and Frizzle bantams but I am loathe to buy chicks from an unknown source. I have Old English Bantam eggs I could trade if you would like to get into another adorable and sweet bantam breed. This is what they look like
:

I live in north Texas and am wanting a few white cochin frizzle bantans. I would like to hatch eggs of my own. Where can I find these type of chickens close to where we live. (about 1.5 hours north of Dallas)

I live in north Texas and am wanting a few white cochin frizzle bantans. I would like to hatch eggs of my own. Where can I find these type of chickens close to where we live. (about 1.5 hours north of Dallas)

That depends on what quality your looking for. If your looking for something that is very well bred and is fits the breed standard, your not going to have a lot of luck locating eggs, your best bet would be to get in touch with a breeder now about acquiring birds when available. If your looking for something just to add to your flock, and be eye candy and pure bred, there are several people who have White Frizzles, and may offer eggs. It really depends on the breeder.

~Casey

Islandbayou,
Master breed Sheryl Butler is considering selling hatching eggs early this season...If you contact her she maybe willing. email:[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom