Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/709224/buff-barred-cochin-thread

Here is a thread to people working on the Buff Barred Cochins. I've never had experience breeding that color. You might be able to find some good tips from people on there. I believe they have some on there that have been working on the color for a while, so they should definitely know what you need to do
big_smile.png
Hope you find what you're looking for!

Wow! Thanks so much for the suggestion. Hopefully they will be able to give me some insight into my pretty boy roo.

Korina

Hello everybody. I am new here, well not too new, I just opened an account, but have been regular visitor for almost 2 years. Well, I would like to show up our newest addition. Those are 2 bantam frizzle cochins. They look a little different now, I will post pictures later, they sure do grow like weeds. Can't wait for them to be all grown up.

Hello everybody. I am new here, well not too new, I just opened an account, but have been regular visitor for almost 2 years. Well, I would like to show up our newest addition. Those are 2 bantam frizzle cochins. They look a little different now, I will post pictures later, they sure do grow like weeds. Can't wait for them to be all grown up.
welcome-byc.gif

Ohhhh I want him....or one like him....sooooo pretty!!! So let me get this right...I have 3 frizzle hens(a black, a buff and a white) and I should NOT mate them with a frizzle roo being best breed with a Cochin?
What breed are your Frizzle hens? For example I have Frizzle Cochin Bantams and Smooth Feathered Cochin Bantams. You should never breed one with Frizzled feathers to another Frizzle. You should breed a Frizzle to a Smooth feathered. So for example I breed my Frizzle Cochin Bantam Roo to my Smooth Feathered Cochin Bantam Hens and my Frizzle Cochin Bantam Hens to my Smooth Feather Cochin Bantam Roo. Frizzle is just the type of feathers not the breed :) Hope this helped some. Casey aka Mr. Ree is very knowlegable of the Frizzling gene.

Back
Top Bottom