Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
If you insist...lol. Believe me, I could share pics of my chickens all day long but most of my friends think I'm nuts if I do!! LOL
lau.gif
Somehow most people just don't see the cuteness in a chicken the same way I/we do! HAHA
idunno.gif
Meet my newest lovebugs, Dolche (Frizzle Rooster), Gucci (frizzle hen), and Prada (smooth cochin hen). They are just so sweet and loving. Probably the snuggliest chickens I have ever owned. Does anyone know what there color combination is called? Also, can I breed this frizzle rooster to my smooth cochin hen? Just not the frizzle hen, right? I'm also working on getting some more smooth cochins and maybe a few silkies in the mix.

Miss Gucci

Left to right: Gucci, Dolche, and Prada

This little girl/guy is not a cochin but thought I would share anyway. Our new hatch!

Hello looking for bantam cochin hatching eggs. I am in a little bit of a hurry which I apologize for but I had purchased some eggs and only have one developing. Not wanting to hatch only hatch just one chick I am trying to find some eggs to ship tomorrow or this week if possible looking for 7 eggs or so. Thank you! Please pm me

I have a pathetic double-copy frizzle bantam Cochin pullet (from a hatchery) who is really ratty looking. I watched the other day as one of my Polish sat there plucking at her pathetic feathers. It looked like she was plucking them out and eating them. The silly frazzle just sat there and enjoyed the grooming! She's a mess, with lots of bare skin. So far, no one has started pecking at the skin. I just moved them into my big back yard for the winter which has a lot more space and cover, so I expect the Polish's picking will not happen much. I'm in South Central Texas where the day-time temperatures rarely dip below freezing.

I also have a same-age (8 months) Silkie cockerel and a double-copy frizzle bantam Cochin cockerel, both from the same hatchery. Until this weekend, they had the run of my back yard. I had intended to let them in with the flock of pullets: seven Silkies, four Polish, one bantam Plymouth Rock and the aforementioned double-copy bantam frizzle Cochin pullet. Now, I'm not so sure I want a cockerel anywhere near this poor double-copy frizzle pullet.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it so the poor frazzled pullet won't be hurt by the cockerels? At the moment, I'm caging the two cockerels in a small dog run. I have other places I could put them such as in a 20 foot long parrot aviary, but I wanted the sparse grass in that aviary to recover after out wickedly hot summer and having chicks in that cage over the summer. They could also go back in the pen I had the pullet group in but again, I really want that grass to recover.

I have thought about culling them, but I kind of like the Cochin cockerel and he needs a buddy, so the Silkie lives.

Can the frazzle Cochin pullet live with some sort of saddle on her? I'm worried the saddle will do a lot of damage to already sparse, weak feathers she has and she will end up with rub injuries or ingrown feathers, etc. Where do I find information about saddles, especially as it relates to frazzle pullets?

Thanks for any help and advice.

Back
Top Bottom