Cochin Thread!!!

He was just looking them over and seeing their temperments he had never had cochins and was testing them. I got mad again after hearing that lol

Checking their temperaments? How is that a true test of their temperaments? How would a human who doesn't understand what is going on react to being held upside down? I guess I humanize animals but I wouldn't want anyone judging my temperament by hanging me upside down. I just might get violent when under other extreme circumstances I never would.

Puppy's are supposed to be scruffed, I like to know that my puppy's have been scruffed at least once.

Any way that an animal mommy carries it's young is ok. You would never see a hen carry her chicks by their legs. It is something alien to their thinking. Whatever reaction you get when you handle an animal in a manner it's parents wouldn't handle it would be extreme. Think about it, some chickens love to be cuddled but it is not anything it's parents would do. This is a learned behavior and it may be more due to the way humans react to the cuddling than what the chicken is thinking.

This was for delder2009, I picked up the wrong quote. Sylvia

Last edited:
My broody LF cochin, Jewel. I really hope she gets to be a mom. She is laying on 9 eggs.

Here she is

One of my laying hens

Blu my rooster

Another one of my laying hens

The chicks will be a mix of these breeds. I am so excited!!! :weee

Last edited:
Checking their temperaments?  How is that a true test of their temperaments?  How would a human who doesn't understand what is going on react to being held upside down?  I guess I humanize animals but I wouldn't want anyone judging my temperament by hanging me upside down. I just might get violent when under other extreme circumstances I never would.

I know that's what I said! Anyone who comes in my yard can see how sweet natured and friendly my babies are when they walk in, I call them the greeting committee lol it's also why 97% of my flock is Cochins too
1f606.png

Back
Top Bottom