Cochin Thread!!!

Carnivore my phone will not zoom the drawings so I can read them even after downloading them. So I am still in the dark.

Hello arent cochins awesome? You will notice that females will usually feather in faster than males. While females are feathering in, the boys are growing combs

you will notice that cockerel combs are brighter and they become red faster.

Hope that helps!!

Hello arent cochins awesome? You will notice that females will usually feather in faster than males. While females are feathering in, the boys are growing combs

you will notice that cockerel combs are brighter and they become red faster.

Hope that helps!!
yes they are. As a kid my grandfather had these little bantams (not sure of the breed) but they were so mean. Unlike the Cochins who are so sweet. I'm sure there are some exceptions like with anything.
The pullets definitely feather in faster.
Wish you the best with you little beauties.

Boy or girl they are 5 days old now and that's the first sign on the chart :)

pic 1 I would say pullet (girl). Pic 2 is harder to see but I'm thinking cockerel (boy). From what I can see pic 1 has more wing feathering then pic 2. But there's always an exception for everything. So please don't hold me to it. Best of luck

Ok so I started off this spring with no chickens. Then went to the feed store for a Sunday outing and well they had polish bantams. I ended up coming home with 2 polish chicks. But I had no place to keep them. But my wonderful husband that was very upset I did this at first still built me a beautiful coop and run while rebuilding the motor on my car. Those chicks got me started and I wanted a mixed flock. A couple polish a couple cochin an couple duccles and a couple silkies and last a couple frizzle. Well long story short I fell in love with all of them but especially the Cochins so my flock is 2 polish, 1 oeg,1 d'uccle,1 silkie and 8 cochin. Lol!
I'm still after that frizzle tho. But I want that frizzle to be a cochin ;)

Back
Top Bottom