Cochin Thread!!!

Here is a better picture of the secound one
smile.png

Boy or girl
ditto

Any idea if this is a columbian cochin? Its 3 weeks old, but doesnt have really fluffy legs like I normally see...also any idea roo or pullet? Thanks all..

Last edited:
Also I can't get my pics to upload do I will just have to discride it. Just help me the best you can.

Ok do 2 of my cochin chicks are 5 weeks old. As 1 to 2 week olds I was sure I had little cockerels but now I'm think possible pullets with I'm really really hoping they are.
Like I said both are 5 or possibly close 6 weeks old not sure what day they were born just know I got them from the feed store on may 23'rd as "day olds" but some were more feathered then others. And are pretty much completely feathered and look like little mini adults. Both chicks combs are still yellow/orange in color and neither show any signs of wattles yet. At 5 weeks if they were cockles I should see combs turning pink and wattles starting to form right? But I don't. This makes me think possible pullets. Any suggestions?

Also I can't get my pics to upload do I will just have to discride it. Just help me the best you can.

Ok do 2 of my cochin chicks are 5 weeks old. As 1 to 2 week olds I was sure I had little cockerels but now I'm think possible pullets with I'm really really hoping they are.
Like I said both are 5 or possibly close 6 weeks old not sure what day they were born just know I got them from the feed store on may 23'rd as "day olds" but some were more feathered then others. And are pretty much completely feathered and look like little mini adults. Both chicks combs are still yellow/orange in color and neither show any signs of wattles yet. At 5 weeks if they were cockles I should see combs turning pink and wattles starting to form right? But I don't. This makes me think possible pullets. Any suggestions?

Look for curvature of the comb. If the points of the comb are pretty much a straight line, that would indicate a pullet. If the points describe an arc, it would indicate a cockerel.
YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY!

Back
Top Bottom