Cochin Thread!!!

Pretty chicks!!
How old is your gold lace?
Thank you! We are excited to have found the silver lace close enough to drive and get (2 hr round trip)
She is now 8 months.
I only can find a picture right after I bought her at 8wks old.

I will try to get a good "now" picture because she has filled out nicely!!

Even 6 weeks old would be better. You can take individual photos of your chicks and post at "what breed or gender is this." it helps a lot if you number the photos or have a name with each so they can tell if its the same bird or another.
Thanks I will have to go check that out!!

it's easier at two days. look at the chicks wings at 48 to 72 hours the roos will have equal length feathers coming in the hens primaries will be longer than the secondaries.
That is exactly how my daughter is doing it lol We homeschool (she is 16) and very excited about the chicks and learning incubation. We incubated 9, 1st round and she looked at every chick and has quessed we have 3 males and 6 females. We shall see because after I did some reading it says that the females get their tail feathers first and we only have 3 that have their tail feathers. (3 wk old rir &rir/red sexlinks)
As soon as we brought the 2 week old cochins home she got each out and looked at their wings. At first she says OH I think we have a male then ,"MAN, there are 2 males!! :(" lol she was wanting all pullets! 2 have clearly different wings so that is why she thinks we have 2 males :D Just a guess until they get older but she loves it!!

Here are better pictures of our new 2/3 week old Silver Laced Cochins :) We got them a few days ago and the guy said they were almost 3 weeks old. So not sure!

Back
Top Bottom