Cochin Thread!!!

Hi all!
frow.gif
I don't have any cochin YET, but I love there looks are the friendly?
hu.gif
Thanks

Well, I hunted for a beautiful Blue Cochin Roo because they are so spectacular. I just wanted a pretty boy to look at, I'm not planning on raising any chicks.
He was so sweet until I got the hens. He guards them well, he's gentle with them, but if I try to pick one up he comes at me. I can handle him but I really
wanted this to be an experience I could share with the kids. I can't send them into the coop because he goes at them and he really nailed my little 4 yr. old
girl. I was not happy but hoped that I could teach him a lesson or two and he'd be okay. Now I'm thinking about finding him a home with someone
who doesn't care about attitude....maybe someone who free ranges or is just not as hands on with their birds. Anyone in the San Diego area interested in
giving him a good home? Here's a picture of him:
49067_img_6445.jpg

Quote:
Are they friendly???? A friend of mine said they are "Puppy Chickens"! I thought that was a great description. When you go in the pen, they gather around you like puppies and trip you up.

Quote:
Are they friendly???? A friend of mine said they are "Puppy Chickens"! I thought that was a great description. When you go in the pen, they gather around you like puppies and trip you up.

I dunno - I have some roos that are little turds. One drew blood on my 7-year-old sister a few weeks ago.
hmm.png

I have a big blue roo that looks like yours. He is really sweet. My two year old grandaughter loves to feed the chickens and collect the eggs for papa and I have never had to worry that he would hurt her. I do keep an eye out though just in case there is a first time. He is almost as tall as she is. I love my cochins, they are so docile compared to alot of other breeds and great with children.

Heres my cochin cross i just got today don't know what she is crossed with tho thinking polish as she has the whitetish/pink legs and 4 toes. Shes also smaller then a silkie bantam.
BILD0233.jpg

Quote:
i was thinking they might be (and the white cochin too), but now (i'm at 6 weeks old this weekend) my #1 above roo looks SO much more like a roo that i am doubting any of the others are! maybe it's just how i photographed them. but in person their combs are so much smaller and so not-red that i am thinking i might have 5 pullets? maybe my sweet boy is just fast developing and the rest are slowpokes, but that is what i am thinking. i will put more photos up of them as i get more good ones for further opinion. maybe i will get some more this weekend.

thanks for your opinion!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom