Cochin Thread!!!

I just hatched my first chicks out of my excellent partridge cockerel (thanks to Jamie).....

The partridge pen is set up, with the cockerel, two hens, the sister to the cockerel and some breeder quality pullets.

I'll be hatching every egg I get from the pen - even through the winter. I'm a determined woman when it comes to variety commitment! :)

I love your commitment. I have to step back and evaluate my birds more often. I am loaded with Partridge Cockerels. Rooting for you!

go to cochins international website and take a look at the birds shown there. THAT is the standard... they should not have any stiff tail feathers... you want a full wide cushion on hens and roos. most of mine aren't really wide enough, but we're getting there. here are some of my own birds... i seem to favor photographing the roos more than the hens, but i managed to catch a few. LOL
[TR] [TD]
blue mottled cockerel​
[/TD] [TD]
mille fleur cockerel​
[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]
black mottled roo​
[/TD] [TD]
2 mille fleur pullets (1 blue mille top)​
[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]
silver laced roo​
[/TD] [TD]
blue mille pullet (she's shy LOL)​
[/TD] [/TR]​
Thanks I have a really nice blue hen my other hens are no where close I already know. I have a nice MF cockerel and a buff roo that I think has some good points but his tail is rough looking. I was wandering if it may fill on out he is prolly a lil over a yr old.
He looks a lil better now this pic is a month or so old.

It looks like there are lots of poultry shows around the country Oct 26. I personally will be at Sedalia Missouri but have been to the show at the Adams County fairgrounds just 10 miles north of Denver where Gail will show her birds for the 1st time. In Florida there is a nice show at Inverness, Frankfurt Kentucky puts on a nice show, Fond du lac Wisconsin has a show, Hutchinson Minnesota where the #1 exhibitor of Black Cochin bantams will be showing, Ventura California is one show I hope to make someday, Burke Co. Fairgrounds Morgantown, North Carolina,Taylor County Expo Center Abilene, TX, and in Canada there is a show in Nova Scotia. Don't know what to do next Saturday and one of these is near you check out a poultry show.​

It looks like there are lots of poultry shows around the country Oct 26. I personally will be at Sedalia Missouri but have been to the show at the Adams County fairgrounds just 10 miles north of Denver where Gail will show her birds for the 1st time. In Florida there is a nice show at Inverness, Frankfurt Kentucky puts on a nice show, Fond du lac Wisconsin has a show, Hutchinson Minnesota where the #1 exhibitor of Black Cochin bantams will be showing, Ventura California is one show I hope to make someday, Burke Co. Fairgrounds Morgantown, North Carolina,Taylor County Expo Center Abilene, TX, and in Canada there is a show in Nova Scotia. Don't know what to do next Saturday and one of these is near you check out a poultry show.​
the Virginia poultry breeder's association club fall show is November 23rd just north of Richmond. i'm hoping to have someone to take, but not sure who'll be ready.

The RMFF show in Denver is the Southwest District Meet for Cochins International. I hope to see and meet many of you there. I've attended this show for years, but this will be my first-time ever exhibiting!! I'll be a very happy camper if I can go home with no DQ's!

Back
Top Bottom