Cochin Thread!!!

the cockerels will get a black breast, the pullets a penciled one.

Penciled is when it looks like lines??? Brand new chicken/cochin mom here. I am in learning mode! I may go back and get one more today, but want to make sure I get as close as I can to choosing a hen :)

Penciled is when it looks like lines??? Brand new chicken/cochin mom here. I am in learning mode! I may go back and get one more today, but want to make sure I get as close as I can to choosing a hen
smile.png

@katzbantams Nice pics. She is beautiful. I have 4 bantam cochins who are about 8 weeks old and 1 LF cochin who is 7 weeks old. I need to put some more pics on here. I have questions about some of them, but can't get pics today because of weather. There is a pic of my little cockerel a few pages back. He is crowing every morning now. He started that about a week ago. Is it normal for them to start crowing at 7 weeks old?

@katzbantams
 Nice pics. She is beautiful. I have 4 bantam cochins who are about 8 weeks old and 1 LF cochin who is 7 weeks old. I need to put some more pics on here. I have questions about some of them, but can't get pics today because of weather. There is a pic of my little cockerel a few pages back. He is crowing every morning now. He started that about a week ago. Is it normal for them to start crowing at 7 weeks old?

I'de say it all depends on the rooster :) I've had cockerels that crow really early, then I've had cockerels that don't crow for awhile.. I guess it all depends on the chicken :)

@katzbantams Nice pics. She is beautiful. I have 4 bantam cochins who are about 8 weeks old and 1 LF cochin who is 7 weeks old. I need to put some more pics on here. I have questions about some of them, but can't get pics today because of weather. There is a pic of my little cockerel a few pages back. He is crowing every morning now. He started that about a week ago. Is it normal for them to start crowing at 7 weeks old?

Mine is almost 6wks and has started lol

Back
Top Bottom