Cochin Thread!!!

can I join the thread
I haven't been on to check on this site for a while so a tad late BUT we would love more people to join us and share their Cochins with us! The more the better! I think I'm addicted to this thread lol. All of these birds are beautiful so far and everyone is so friendly and helpful to everyone! <3 you guys at BYC!
wee.gif

Also I can't get my pics to upload do I will just have to discride it. Just help me the best you can.

Ok do 2 of my cochin chicks are 5 weeks old. As 1 to 2 week olds I was sure I had little cockerels but now I'm think possible pullets with I'm really really hoping they are.
Like I said both are 5 or possibly close 6 weeks old not sure what day they were born just know I got them from the feed store on may 23'rd as "day olds" but some were more feathered then others. And are pretty much completely feathered and look like little mini adults. Both chicks combs are still yellow/orange in color and neither show any signs of wattles yet. At 5 weeks if they were cockles I should see combs turning pink and wattles starting to form right? But I don't. This makes me think possible pullets. Any suggestions?
I know this is a week ½ late but I didn't notice if anyone had replied to it yet. Wed July 6th my little Cochin chicks were 6 weeks old so it sounds like yours are about the same age as mine. As far as I know the yellow / orange comb is Female. I have seen people saying that the male comb gets an arch to it and the female stays more straight. My little boys have also been getting their feathers much slower and my girls have leg feathers on their leg elbows(?) as long as my pinky. I got these as a Straight Run from Cacklehatchery so its been a guessing game for me too :p. These are my chicks 6 week old pictures. I took them with my phone so they aren't the best.
<-- Cotton Ball - Splash. This one has been having health issues since I got it at 2 days old so its ½ the size as the rest and less developed but I'm still going with Female.

<-- Cry Baby - Splash. Leaning toward boy on this one but not 100% (REALY hope I'm wrong.)

<-- Green Legs - Splash. Also was having some health issues so was developing kinda slow but is doing very well now and almost one of my biggest chicks. Leaning toward boy on this one but not 100% (REALY hope I'm wrong.)

<-- Carrot Top - Gold Laced. Female.

<-- Eyeliner - Gold Laced. This is one of our little boys.

<-- Cuddles - Gold Laced. Female.

<-- Nibblet - Gold Laced. Female. (This is what I'm imagining when your describing the comb on yours.)

<-- Foxy - Gold Laced. Female, AKA - My hubbies Girl Friend. She LOVES him and, he said no matter what we MUST keep her and no one was ever allowed to eat her.. lol. (I could never eat any of my little babies anyway >.<) (He didn't want the birds and I tricked him into it so it cracks me up he likes this one so much.)

<-- Sidekick - Silver Laced. One of our boys. All 3 of my Silver Laced boys have very ugly bald feathering... not sure what's going on with them but very sweet none the less :p.

<-- Snapper - Silver Laced. One of our boys.

<-- Adventurer - Silver Laced. One of our boys.

<-- Speckle - Silver Laced. Female.

<-- Nivens - Silver Laced. Female.

Not sure if this helps at all but can never pass up a chance to show these guys off a little ^_^. I'm still hopping you can get some pics up of your little girls. (That's what it sounds like you have with just that to go off of.) I've been waiting FOREVER :p I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
fl.gif

Also I can't get my pics to upload do I will just have to discride it. Just help me the best you can. Ok do 2 of my cochin chicks are 5 weeks old. As 1 to 2 week olds I was sure I had little cockerels but now I'm think possible pullets with I'm really really hoping they are. Like I said both are 5 or possibly close 6 weeks old not sure what day they were born just know I got them from the feed store on may 23'rd as "day olds" but some were more feathered then others. And are pretty much completely feathered and look like little mini adults. Both chicks combs are still yellow/orange in color and neither show any signs of wattles yet. At 5 weeks if they were cockles I should see combs turning pink and wattles starting to form right? But I don't. This makes me think possible pullets. Any suggestions?
[COLOR=0000CD]I know this is a week ½ late but I didn't notice if anyone had replied to it yet. Wed July 6th my little Cochin chicks were 6 weeks old so it sounds like yours are about the same age as mine. As far as I know the yellow / orange comb is Female. I have seen people saying that the male comb gets an arch to it and the female stays more straight. My little boys have also been getting their feathers much slower and my girls have leg feathers on their leg elbows(?) as long as my pinky. I got these as a Straight Run from Cacklehatchery so its been a guessing game for me too :p. These are my chicks 6 week old pictures. I took them with my phone so they aren't the best.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD].COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]Not sure if this helps at all but can never pass up a chance to show these guys off a little ^_^. I'm still hopping you can get some pics up of your little girls. (That's what it sounds like you have with just that to go off of.) I've been waiting FOREVER :p I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! [/COLOR]:fl
My phone took pics the other day do I will try again to post pics today...( fingers crossed) I really want to "show them off too". My little buff cochin bantam is a lap chicken. Such a sweet heart! They all are but she is the "friendliest"!!! Yours are adorable!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom