Cochin Thread!!!

Wish i could post pics of the progress on my chocolate cochin bantams. They are turning out wonderful in the color and made huge progress with yellow feet and middle toe feathering. Got some very nice quality blk pullets coming soon to continue on helping with type. I have about 30 chocolates now and excited to see what next springs hatch will bring.

And millie and cicos are doing amazing as well. Got some nice out crosses this year and been culling pretty hard. I have about 80 of them and just like the chocolates, excited to see what i get next spring. With the different bloodlines from some amazing reputable breeders, im hoping to soon start getting some awesome typed birds.

Wish i could post pics of the progress on my chocolate cochin bantams. They are turning out wonderful in the color and made huge progress with yellow feet and middle toe feathering. Got some very nice quality blk pullets coming soon to continue on helping with type. I have about 30 chocolates now and excited to see what next springs hatch will bring.

And millie and cicos are doing amazing as well. Got some nice out crosses this year and been culling pretty hard. I have about 80 of them and just like the chocolates, excited to see what i get next spring. With the different bloodlines from some amazing reputable breeders, im hoping to soon start getting some awesome typed birds.

I'd love to see them! I have a couple of small chocolate orpington hens in with my blue frizzle bantam cochin cockerel, and my cuckoo cochin hen. The cuckoo went broody first, so I gave her some of her own eggs, but also some eggs from the chocolates. They all hatched, and a couple have pretty chocolate legs. I think they are going to be adorable crosses. I need to get some pics. They just hatched July 5th.

Sounds gorgeous
love.gif

Do you guys think the darker mottled pullet is even worth breeding? I'm trying to decide if I should sell her as a pair with another rooster or keep her for breeding, but my only problem is is I don't like how she has barely any white.

Here is my little Butter Cup. Sometimes playfully called Butter Butt, because of the cute waddle. Didn't even realize she was a banty until about a month along. She is a bit skiddish of late, my son's bird dog came over and did what bird dogs do. She being the smallest and slowest got caught. Lukily just scared the crap out of all of us. Here she is mooning us with my other 2 girls.
[/IMG
]

Do you guys think the darker mottled pullet is even worth breeding? I'm trying to decide if I should sell her as a pair with another rooster or keep her for breeding, but my only problem is is I don't like how she has barely any white.

The mottling gets better after their first and future molts. I am amazed how much better they look as they mature. Too much white on them at a young age and they can get excessive white as they mature.

Here is my little Butter Cup. Sometimes playfully called Butter Butt, because of the cute waddle. Didn't even realize she was a banty until about a month along. She is a bit skiddish of late, my son's bird dog came over and did what bird dogs do. She being the smallest and slowest got caught. Lukily just scared the crap out of all of us. Here she is mooning us with my other 2 girls.
[/URL][/IMG]
Looks just like my buff girl, so cute :) Are you sure shes a bantam tho?
The mottling gets better after their first and future molts. I am amazed how much better they look as they mature. Too much white on them at a young age and they can get excessive white as they mature.
Oh alright, I'll keep her for now then, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom