Cochin Thread!!!

Ivy Young has hatching eggs for sale on the Facebook site The Cochin Connection
If you're interested I recommend getting these eggs!

Would be nice if they had indicated which sex or if both were barred. Personally I'm not interested in any more frizzles at this point, but thanks for sharing!

Our Speckled Sussex rooster attacked my boy Galahad today. We have bought Galahad in for the night and cleaned him up, the SS roo is a goner, he's off to camp Kenmore.

Is there anything I should put on his wounds? He seems to have patches mainly around his beak, comb and back of his head.

My Cochin boys sometimes get into some pretty heated fights in spring as hormones are surging. I always just leave them alone and they heal up in a few weeks. They might look miserable for a few days after a big fight. I haven't had one that didn't heal up fine.

Our Speckled Sussex rooster attacked my boy Galahad today. We have bought Galahad in for the night and cleaned him up, the SS roo is a goner, he's off to camp Kenmore.

Is there anything I should put on his wounds? He seems to have patches mainly around his beak, comb and back of his head.

If you have a little neosporin wouldn't hurt. But, like the previous post stated, usually what you are showing will heal on it's own. Chickens are amazingly resiliant. Just keep an eye out for anything not healing up.

Hi! I'm considering this breed to add to my flock. Anyone near Atlanta with chicks or who will ship hatching eggs? I'm interested in large fowl and would consider several colors. I'd love silver laced, or barred. Any suggestions? I have silkies (silver partridge and white), ameraucana (bbs), easter eggers, OEGB bb reds, 2 millie duccle hens (theses 2 are for sale). I'd like at least a trio of the same color, maybe a 4th hen.

Back
Top Bottom