Cockerel?

Momma*chicken

Songster
5 Years
Jun 14, 2018
Upstate NY... Adirondacks
We recently bought 26 chicks, 5 of which were straight run. We r pretty sure we have a cockerel. When we got them tractor supply was closing so the guy was kind of rushing us and I couldn't really study them, but I am now seeing that we most likely have a boy. I know feather sexing isn't always accurate, but he is almost 2 weeks and has zero tail feathers. Here r some pix of the chick in question next to a hatch ate. The one in question has no tail feathers and very little feathers on the wings. They r australorps
0307190920.jpg
0307190919a.jpg
0307190919_Burst01.jpg
0307190912b.jpg
0307190919.jpg

2 weeks is way too early. Just enjoy them, I had 4 of that breed and posted pics on here at 8 weeks, some on here thought 1 was a boy, she wasnt. They are great egg layers and friendly girls. They all mature and feather out differently, I know how hard waiting is but really only time tells. :jumpy

2 weeks is way too early. Just enjoy them, I had 4 of that breed and posted pics on here at 8 weeks, some on here thought 1 was a boy, she wasnt. They are great egg layers and friendly girls. They all mature and feather out differently, I know how hard waiting is but really only time tells. :jumpy

Thanks for the info, that's good to know! We r hoping it's a she! We already have 3 roos and don't need anymore! Lol
I'm just gna stop stressing it and enjoy them while their fluff balls... Won't b that way for long :jumpy:love

Back
Top Bottom