Color genetics thread.

Pics
Nice hen.

Dies she gave a salmon colored breast or just the same coloring in her breast area?

Same coloring, no salmon... tried getting a frontal pic of her, but she always moves, lol...

And thanks... haven't been able to get her to throw that coloring though...

Last edited:
Then it is the same coloring

I've hatched from some if her eggs but not sure which chicks are hers, I think though that the majority of the eggs hatched were hers. Her eggs are light green and the other hen had an olive colored egg.

The chicks are 5 weeks tomorrow. I'll soon be able to tell I think which chicks are hers. I didn't get any that color either.

Last edited:
Can someone tell what color or pattern a chicken is? I'll try to explain it, but I'll try to get a picture tomorrow.

It looks something like a silver Duckwing but doesn't have the salmon breast like a silver Duckwing. Just the pattern about the same color but maybe a tad bit darker of the spot or pattern.

It is not quite a a campine barring but definitely not like barring in a Plymouth Rock or cuckoo.

I have a hen this color and don't know what to call it as far a color names go.

I've seen on the calculator ( color) a quail color name and quill ( I don't know what those colors/patterns would be), but would it maybe be something in that order?

Forgive me for quoting myself, I'm referencing this though.

I've decided that the color that I'm looking for is a form if Birchen. I'm thinking it is set in a dominant white background instead of the normal Blake background that Birchen is found on.

Now this is supposing in my kart. I'm not really sure that you can get Birchen on a white background. I'm thinking it is possible because white can cover black.

.Quote:
Originally Posted by draye

Can someone tell what color or pattern a chicken is? I'll try to explain it, but I'll try to get a picture tomorrow.

It looks something like a silver Duckwing but doesn't have the salmon breast like a silver Duckwing. Just the pattern about the same color but maybe a tad bit darker of the spot or pattern.

It is not quite a a campine barring but definitely not like barring in a Plymouth Rock or cuckoo.

I have a hen this color and don't know what to call it as far a color names go.

I've seen on the calculator ( color) a quail color name and quill ( I don't know what those colors/patterns would be), but would it maybe be something in that order?

Pic would definitely help...

But putting these up to help you get the colors in perspective... NOT my pics...

This is quail...

And silver quill...

Definitely not either of these.

I'll get a picture tomorrow and post it.

Thanks for the pictures though, not I know what quail and quill look like.

Ooh I want to guess before the picture comes up!!! Silver pencilled!!

(Took this photo from another thread)

Ooh I want to guess before the picture comes up!!! Silver pencilled!!

(Took this photo from another thread)

Not quiet. Doesn't have the penciling look like these.

Tried yo get one today but she wasn't having nine if it. They are a little Leary right now, they have a new neighbor that gets a little too excited and the barking is new to them.
They settle diwn a littke but in a few days and I'll try again.

Last edited:
Raining so no picture today. I've been searching the web today can't find an exact but here is a Campine this is about as close as I can find, I think it is pretty close to my hen.

The white patch showing on this wing is not on my hen though. The barring is very very similar.

Back
Top Bottom