Colorado Shooting - How horrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to read more. Try some other posts on this thread.
Yep i have read some dumb stuff but this really hit home, i can skin a possum and know very little about algebra, never need algebra in my life's work but skinning critters puts food on my table whereas algebra has never been any help to me in my life at all.

Yep i have read some dumb stuff but this really hit home, i can skin a possum and know very little about algebra, never need algebra in my life's work but skinning critters puts food on my table whereas algebra has never been any help to me in my life at all.

Well, I'm sorry that you never had need for algebra. I think that the poster was suggesting that responsible gun ownership requires a certain degree of intelligence, not literally proficiency in algebra.

Cant have both. You ether stand up for what is yours or let people take it. One or the other.

Not to such extremes. Those who have developed powers of reason look for ways to solve a problem without the need to reach into the pop gun cupboard every time. I stand up for what is mine but have yet to feel the need to threaten the life of anyone over trespass.

Quote: TT, the culture in the US is very different from your native land (and probably Thailand too)...and, well, most countries when it comes to property. Sometimes this is taken to an unhealthy extreme. I found this to be true for many areas of Virginia and West Virginia. I could not walk anywhere...anywhere, without having either a landowner, someone concerned about another person's land, or a police officer coming after me with a gun. I gained sooooo much weight in Virginia due to this, and rapidly lost it again in Utah, where at least you can walk around and have public land readily available to you. A friend from Texas had the same complaint, and also gained a lot of weight while living in the same parts we did. Add in the inability to find non-rotten produce in some of the areas, and it is a real problem there.

It is very different from, say, England though, where you have public footpaths and right of ways cutting through private property. Especially with how our liability laws work, I do not see that changing any time either.

Trespassing tends to also be viewed in a much different light here.

As for game animals, I am not sure what type of set-up was meant (ie private game ranch? Within the US, outside of it?). But, if the kind you find, say, down in Texas, you are often talking about very expensive animals and also very rare animals. Some very endangered species thrive on our ranches, but they are not cheap to replace to say the least. It is very much within the rights of a US citizen to protect their property and livlihood with the use of guns. And personaly, it is a culture I understand, just as I understand cultures where land is not so divided and is more open to others.

PS. Though in this case, it honestly sounds like the cell phone was more to thank for diffusing the situation. There have been many instances where this has been the case.

Last edited:
Yep you go on someones land and a tree falls on them they can sue you, the law says you have to post no trespassing signs within view no matter where you stand on your property line, imagine doing that around 100 acres. I don't really worry much about folks here the three neighbors that border my property do take kindly to folks in their fields, to much poaching going on and thieving
I take my dogs and gun when investigating anything here, heck ya got to watch out for wild hogs, some of them will try to get you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom