Colorado Shooting - How horrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All over a few animals and a case of trespass? What a sad picture of civilsation that invokes.
So the people that protect you in Thailand do not have guns? The armed guard at the airports in Thailand do not use guns? Oh wait a minute it is the idea that only law abiding citizens cannot have guns ... now I understand your logic.

A gun hanging on your hip is usually enough to deter most criminal activity or deflect it to those who choose to be vulnerable/victims.

Last edited:
Not to such extremes. Those who have developed powers of reason look for ways to solve a problem without the need to reach into the pop gun cupboard every time. I stand up for what is mine but have yet to feel the need to threaten the life of anyone over trespass.

I am a woman, and I have my CC. I have never had to resort to using my gun, and hope I never have to, but it is there in the event I need it. I agree that many situations can be solved without them, but I feel safer knowing that I have the means to defend myself should I need to. I ride my quad in remote areas where there is no cell service, and would ride my motorcycle alone for many years when my DH's schedule was different than mine and we couldn't ride together. Unfortunately, there are people who will prey on someone they consider weaker or defenseless. I don't plan on being defenseless.

My prayers go out to all the victims of this horrible tragedy, and to the family of the shooter. Their lives are all irrevocably altered.

You can't always rely on the government to defend you. I don't have a CC yet, but I plan to obtain one in the next year. For now, my pepper spray will have to suffice.

I mourn for the victims and their families. I will be following the story and this thread very closely.

I will be getting my CC paperwork in tomorrow, it is hard not to turn this situation political but I believe in our Constitution. There was a chance I could have been there that night but my husband and I had a long week and were tired. I did have a friend who knew someone who was shot and had no health insurance. The theater has rules about allowing guns on the property and I respect those rules but I would feel safer to know someone who had a CC and training was in the audience, armed. I am at least grateful that I live in a state that has a death penalty.

Does a movie theather have the right to ban concealed carry
weapons?

And the correct answer is...depends on the laws of that state.
"No Firearms Allowed" signs are not legal in every state. And
even in the states the sign is legal in, the posted sign must meet
certain requirements to be considered as legal.

I'm sorry, but I do not know the Colorado law on this. Varys from
state to state.

Even if the audience was armed...I'm not sure that everyone shooting
their weapons in the dark wouldn't of been a higher body count. But
that really wasn't the question.

However, I did think that those "emergency exits" at a business were
equipped with an alarm that sounds when opened.

weapons?

state to state.

Already someone suing the theater for not having an alarm on them, same man is suing the doctors , and he is suing warner brother for creating a movie with violent acts that the shooter copied.

Last edited:
weapons?

state to state.

My understanding is that Colorado law is (like Georgia) that signs carry no legal weight. They can post them but they mean nothing. But management can ask you to leave an have you charged with trespassing if you don't leave.

Those exits do not have to have alarms. Places like walmart put alarms on there's to stop theft.

I believe one state made businesses liable if they used signs to disarm there patrons but fail to protect them with security.

I found a posting from 2008 giving Colorado signs no legal
rights but if it's the most current I have no ideal.

I just figured all those doors were wired. Looked like a good
ideal.

Me? I'd probably be inclined to ignore those signs. But that
would be a personal choice and not the law. Now when they
start posting "No Bad Guys Allowed" I might pay more attention.

I know I'm not in the majority but I believe every legal citizen should
be able to walk around armed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom