Colorado Shooting - How horrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Christian Bale is reaching out to the victims and their families. I don't know about you, but I think that is pretty darn awesome of him.

What is awesome is that he didn't use these peoples pain to help his career like other have. He did not announce his arrival nor did he hold a press conference about it. He was just there to support them, and that is awesome. I didn't like the movie but I have respect for the actor.

Apparently Christian Bale is reaching out to the victims and their families. I don't know about you, but I think that is pretty darn awesome of him.

thumbsup.gif

Now if the movie theater or WB would foot the hospital an/or funeral bills...

thumbsup.gif

Now if the movie theater or WB would foot the hospital an/or funeral bills...

I really don't think a small-town movie theater like that could ever afford such a thing. WB maybe, but then again, they aren't really at fault are they. It would be totally awesome if they would, but I really doubt they will.

Why should the movie theater or WB pay for funerals? Because they had the misfortune of be chosen by a nutjob with a gun? The minute one of them pays for anything for the victim, it will bolster a flood of lawsuits that say they should have anticipated the shooting, that they are at fault for selling the ticket, making the movie, no having alarms on the doors...whatever.

That is not a small town theater. It is one of a nationally owned chain from Texas. It would be pocket change to them or WB. As for "at fault," that is a relative term an opinions may very.
The movie did not cause this shooting. The theater did not cause this shooting. Comic books did not cause this shooting.
A young man, who is in custody, caused this shooting. The young man is the only one who should be held at fault.

If were going to hold a movie company and theater at fault for a shooting that happened during their film, should we hold the makers of the guns he used at fault since he used their brand of weaponry? Should we demand payments from the ammunition makers who's bullets ripped through those theater goers? Perhaps we could slap the university he attended with a bill, they're the reason he's even in the state. Should we charge the estate of Heath Ledger for his portrayal of the Joker, since this man allegedly claimed himself to be the Joker?

While we're at it, fast food companies should cover the costs of heart attacks, tobacco companies should foot the bill for lung cancer treatments, and auto makers should be the ones covering the costs of traffic accidents.

We can play the blame game all day and find more and more places to point our finger, or we can pin the blame on the 24 year old man who planned and carried out the shooting and leave the bystanders out of this.

The movie did not cause this shooting. The theater did not cause this shooting. Comic books did not cause this shooting.
A young man, who is in custody, caused this shooting. The young man is the only one who should be held at fault.

If were going to hold a movie company and theater at fault for a shooting that happened during their film, should we hold the makers of the guns he used at fault since he used their brand of weaponry? Should we demand payments from the ammunition makers who's bullets ripped through those theater goers? Perhaps we could slap the university he attended with a bill, they're the reason he's even in the state. Should we charge the estate of Heath Ledger for his portrayal of the Joker, since this man allegedly claimed himself to be the Joker?

While we're at it, fast food companies should cover the costs of heart attacks, tobacco companies should foot the bill for lung cancer treatments, and auto makers should be the ones covering the costs of traffic accidents.

We can play the blame game all day and find more and more places to point our finger, or we can pin the blame on the 24 year old man who planned and carried out the shooting and leave the bystanders out of this.

thumbsup.gif

Why is it the right thing to do?

The theater didn't cause this tragedy. They didn't buy the ammo, point the gun and shoot it. The had the very bad luck to be the place where it happened. Should the government have paid for the funerals of the Ft. Hood victims, after all they didn't stop someone who was acting strange for a long period of time? Should the school in Columbine have paid for the funerals?

Maybe the city of Aurora should pay, they permitted the theater company to build.

Or are you just saying this because WB and the theater company have deep pockets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom