Colorado Shooting - How horrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, i dont think they are obligated... but it would just be a good/kind gesture...

3 of the 5 hospitals treating victims have waived or limited payments for the uninsured and waived co-pays for the insured.
WB has also donated nearly $2 million from the film to help cover victims hospital costs.
There is also a State based financial program reserved for victims of crimes to cover lost wages and counseling.
If you feel like donating, there appears to be a few donation pages set up by victims and their families as well as general donation events to help all the victims.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ting-victims/2012/07/25/gJQAweuz9W_story.html

There is another take to this scenario. The theater in question had clearly posted signs stating that no firearms were allowed on the premesis. Many people who carry concealed weapons will often speak with the managers of businesses that post these signs to make them aware that they are taking away their customers right to defend themselves if the need arises. Of course no manager ever thinks that there will be a shooting in their establishment. Unfortunately for this theater, the management was asked about removing the sign because it didn't allow customers the opportunity to be armed to protect themselves if they so desired. Of course, the sign stayed even though the management was aware that their patrons were presumed to be disarmed due to their policy.

So, the management was aware that disarmed patrons could be at risk in the event of a shooting.
The management didn't have any security in the event of a shooting. I understand that this was an extreme case as shootings go.
When these questions are asked in a civil trial, and they will be asked, the company that owns the theater will be forking over a lot of cash.

I carry almost everywhere that I go and I have no doubt that any CC holder would have made much of a difference in this situation. But the theater was made aware of the potential for a risk and took no steps to alleviate that potential.

3 of the 5 hospitals treating victims have waived or limited payments for the uninsured and waived co-pays for the insured.
WB has also donated nearly $2 million from the film to help cover victims hospital costs.
There is also a State based financial program reserved for victims of crimes to cover lost wages and counseling.
If you feel like donating, there appears to be a few donation pages set up by victims and their families as well as general donation events to help all the victims.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ting-victims/2012/07/25/gJQAweuz9W_story.html

thumbsup.gif

There is another take to this scenario. The theater in question had clearly posted signs stating that no firearms were allowed on the premesis. Many people who carry concealed weapons will often speak with the managers of businesses that post these signs to make them aware that they are taking away their customers right to defend themselves if the need arises. Of course no manager ever thinks that there will be a shooting in their establishment. Unfortunately for this theater, the management was asked about removing the sign because it didn't allow customers the opportunity to be armed to protect themselves if they so desired. Of course, the sign stayed even though the management was aware that their patrons were presumed to be disarmed due to their policy.

So, the management was aware that disarmed patrons could be at risk in the event of a shooting.
The management didn't have any security in the event of a shooting. I understand that this was an extreme case as shootings go.
When these questions are asked in a civil trial, and they will be asked, the company that owns the theater will be forking over a lot of cash.

I carry almost everywhere that I go and I have no doubt that any CC holder would have made much of a difference in this situation. But the theater was made aware of the potential for a risk and took no steps to alleviate that potential.

I have to agree that the theater chain has probably received hundreds of letters over the years about the safety of a no guns policy an lack of security. I know georgiacarry.org an georgiapacking.org are in the middle of a letter campaign over the same thing at Costco. They have a no guns policy but supply no security for there customers. Walmart an Sams club on the other hand allows carry of guns an also supplys armed security.

Put that in front of a jury from a state like Colorado an I bet the jury will find some liability there...

I have to agree that the theater chain has probably received hundreds of letters over the years about the safety of a no guns policy an lack of security. I know georgiacarry.org an georgiapacking.org are in the middle of a letter campaign over the same thing at Costco. They have a no guns policy but supply no security for there customers. Walmart an Sams club on the other hand allows carry of guns an also supplys armed security.

Put that in front of a jury from a state like Colorado an I bet the jury will find some liability there...

Legally I can carry in to the theater, they can not force me not to carry but they have the power to tell me to leave and charge me with trespassing if I do not. I feel strongly a person with a CC, with self imposed training, and armor piercing bullets stacked could have made a difference that night. Although in this state there are not as strong of groups as in Georgia or Utah who push businesses or judges to recognize the law. I don't expect the theater to be held responsible nor do I think they should be unless there was a history to go by and I don't know of any shootings at that theater. I do wish more businesses respected CC's and in the future I think less people will respect the no weapons signs.

I do wish more businesses respected CC's and in the future I think less people will respect the no weapons signs.
Theaters in parts of Georgia have been searching people TSA stile. There was a CCP man in Florida though that shot the hat off a kids head at the batman movie after the kid made aggressive comments an moves around his family after coming back in the emergency exit.

There are bad eggs, but I assure you no theater is screening that thoroughly here. I went to see the movie and there was a police officer for the first 10 min of the movie and that is the most there was. What are they going to do against a person like this kid, "please sir you can't enter".... if they have officers then they might have a chance but if it is the theater there is nothing they can do to someone who is intent on killing people.

The last thing I want is to be searched and go through a bunch of security at the movie theater - Such an overreaction. It's not like movie theater shootings are terribly common and now everyone else has to have more of thier time wasted and persons scrutinized because of the acts of 1 guy. Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom