Colorado Shooting - How horrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last thing I want is to be searched and go through a bunch of security at the movie theater - Such an overreaction. It's not like movie theater shootings are terribly common and now everyone else has to have more of thier time wasted and persons scrutinized because of the acts of 1 guy. Sheesh.

Not to mention how much the price of movie tickets will skyrocket to cover the added expense of hiring more security.

I remember the days when a $10 would cover 2 tickets, popcorn, and a large drink to share. The theater near me is almost $20 a ticket sometimes more for 3D or Imax (bigger screen). They get enough, I use to go to a movie at least twice a month now I go maybe twice a year. They want to say people downloading is costing them I say price gouging is costing them. (sorry wanted to rant a little on price, back to the point) If they start charging for screening people I will just go to the actual theater and skip the movie theater. Not like they produce many movies worth paying for now a days anyways.

Bad enough getting frisked at the airport. But our government loves to have us nice and trained like pure bred dogs so expect a politician to try and pass a regulation that requires you to pass through the TSA or metal detector to see the newest disney movie.

Last edited:
I suppose that there will be little or no new factual information about the case now until it comes to Court in a few weeks' time so, until then, there's nothing about the case to be aired that hasn't already been aired.

In the meantime, surely the important question is the one that's being discussed now; what should be the government's reaction, if any, to a massacre caused by someone who carried a legal arsenal of deadly weapons and ammunition into a crowded public place? I can't imagine that the answer is 'Nothing'. Nor does it make sense to allow guns to be carried legally, only to have to leave them at the door when you enter a place where you think you might need to use them. It seems to me that the present laws and in some cases attitudes are so far removed from what's needed that there will be no change and soon there will be another mass killing. It seems so easy to plan and prepare for one without breaking a single law!

I suppose that there will be little or no new factual information about the case now until it comes to Court in a few weeks' time so, until then, there's nothing about the case to be aired that hasn't already been aired.

In the meantime, surely the important question is the one that's being discussed now; what should be the government's reaction, if any, to a massacre caused by someone who carried a legal arsenal of deadly weapons and ammunition into a crowded public place? I can't imagine that the answer is 'Nothing'. Nor does it make sense to allow guns to be carried legally, only to have to leave them at the door when you enter a place where you think you might need to use them. It seems to me that the present laws and in some cases attitudes are so far removed from what's needed that there will be no change and soon there will be another mass killing. It seems so easy to plan and prepare for one without breaking a single law!

His court date is the 3rd but I don't think it will even be a guilty or not guilty plea, probably be the DA asking for a stay or something like that. I use to work at that court house as a volunteer and normal court proceedings are slow, let alone a high profile case like this. It will be months before they even get to a plea out of the kid. The DA may speed it up since he will never get bail.

There are bad eggs, but I assure you no theater is screening that thoroughly here. I went to see the movie and there was a police officer for the first 10 min of the movie and that is the most there was. What are they going to do against a person like this kid, "please sir you can't enter".... if they have officers then they might have a chance but if it is the theater there is nothing they can do to someone who is intent on killing people.
A policeman with a gun does have the same effect at deterring a crime as a citizen with one, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom