Colorado Shooting - How horrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas and Mexico do not have the same drug criminals. Texas and Arizona guns are going to Mexico and into the hands of the drug lords. The drug lords control much of the border areas in Mexico, with the police and military being ineffective in controlling the drug lords.

Mexico has a much higher murder rate as a result. And Juarez is one of the most dangerous cities in the world as a result.

The simple fact of the matter is that American guns and money are the fuel for the drug wars in Mexico. American demand for drugs makes the market. American guns sent across the border help arm the criminals.

In the US we still have rule of law. Our cities aren't ruled by criminals. Our police and military are not in the hands of the criminals. Guns are certainly a large part of the issue in Mexico. Americans demand for drugs is an even bigger part of the issue.

And in the US, jailing drug offenders isn't working. Until there is some attempt at changing societal attitude toward drugs, getting help for those addicted, and addressing the issues that lead to drug abuse, the problem isn't going to get better. Being "tough on crime" isn't working, and the drug war is being lost.

Well put!
goodpost.gif

Illegal drugs are a big problem in most countries but turning a blind eye to the trade in guns for the drugs lords only makes things worse.

Texas and Mexico do not have the same drug criminals. Texas and Arizona guns are going to Mexico and into the hands of the drug lords. The drug lords control much of the border areas in Mexico, with the police and military being ineffective in controlling the drug lords.

Mexico has a much higher murder rate as a result. And Juarez is one of the most dangerous cities in the world as a result.

The simple fact of the matter is that American guns and money are the fuel for the drug wars in Mexico. American demand for drugs makes the market. American guns sent across the border help arm the criminals.

In the US we still have rule of law. Our cities aren't ruled by criminals. Our police and military are not in the hands of the criminals. Guns are certainly a large part of the issue in Mexico. Americans demand for drugs is an even bigger part of the issue.

And in the US, jailing drug offenders isn't working. Until there is some attempt at changing societal attitude toward drugs, getting help for those addicted, and addressing the issues that lead to drug abuse, the problem isn't going to get better. Being "tough on crime" isn't working, and the drug war is being lost.
Can we say "Fast and Furious?" cannot really blame the "people" for this one.

Well put!
goodpost.gif

Illegal drugs are a big problem in most countries but turning a blind eye to the trade in guns for the drugs lords only makes things worse.
They are still not getting the guns from law abiding citizens and that is the argument you are propping up with your "all guns are bad" idea.

That would be filtering the results to fit your opinion. Death is death. You are trying to use the tool as a filter to make the tool look like the cause. We are already filtering it to much by only talking about murders.

Fact is that the murder rate in Canada an the UK are about the same. One bans guns pretty badly an one, they are pretty easy to get. Then the US murder rate is higher an we have very loose gun laws. Then further south, Mexico has the strictest gun laws around an the murder rate 3 times ours

So lets drop the scale. Texas, a country un to its self shares a border with Mexico that has no wall. People freely walk back an forth. Mexico, they ban guns an Texas (the gun state). The murder rate in Mexico is around 18 per 100K people. The murder rate in Texas is 5.4 per 100k. Sounds like the gun ban is working well for Mexicans. I will keep my guns.

Just a note, they do have a very serious gun violence issue in London. I had to look in to it for something else. They also have a really bad stabbing problem, something like 12000 stabbings in 2009. They actually have more violent crime then Chicago. Now I am sure Mexico tops most but then we gave the guns to the criminals that are being used to kill unarmed civilians.

If we just legalized and corportize the drugs and punished the actions of high individuals 'severely' we could control the drugs and take the power out of the hands of the Mexicans.... That being said that won't happen so we should all have guns to protect ourselves for the day when the Mexican cartels get a little bolder. I have never used drugs and never will, I just know that if something is illegal it will attract kids and they will not see or care about the consequences as long as they think they will not affect them personally. I think that we have gone the wrong way by making restrictions on product, if drinking and driving resulted in first degree attempted murder or if you kill someone first degree murder then less people would drink and drive.

I can beat the anti-gun argument in a single word. Switzerland.

And here is a interesting video about Switzerland.

Also 3 of the 5 hospitals treating people of the shooting have decided to limit or waive all medical bills.

Last edited:
I can beat the anti-gun argument in a single word. Switzerland.

And here is a interesting video about Switzerland.

Also 3 of the 5 hospitals treating people of the shooting have decided to limit or waive all medical bills.

Yea I mentioned them earlier, they are a great argument against gun control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom