Colorado Shooting - How horrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thai.. a lot folks are "prepping" because of our economy...
If the crap really hits the fan here (like many believe its soon to happen) Food prices will soar, businesses will shut down,.. jobs will be lost.. money will be worth nothing..
Kinda like our great depression we had in the past...
When people dont have food or jobs they will become desperate... your garden will be robbed, your house will be robbed... your livestock will be taken..
Many want to have protection if this ever happens to protect their family and food stores..

Did all that happen in the Depression of the 1930s?

I don't think it will be as bad as some fear but Western nations must adjust to how the world is now or they will suffer permanent decline.

The scene you paint is another example of the gun dilemma. People with guns may try to take your property to you have guns yourself. People who want to take your property expect you to have guns so they have guns themselves.

No invading army is going to let a few people with pop guns stand in its way once the government has surrendered. Why is a democratically elected government a threat? So far as civil unrest is concerned, there's the official military to deal with it.
Thai, In the U.S. we have something called the Posse Comitatus Act which prohibits the standing military from being used for law enforcement. Only State and local authorities are allowed to handle such problems. Which is a moot point in the wake of what happened with hurricane Katrina. Local and State authorities were totally overwhelmed so they called for help from the Federal government which in turn was quickly overwhelmed. With civil unrest you're talking about dozens of cities.

I don't think it will be as bad as some fear but Western nations must adjust to how the world is now or they will suffer permanent decline.

The scene you paint is another example of the gun dilemma. People with guns may try to take your property to you have guns yourself. People who want to take your property expect you to have guns so they have guns themselves.
In the 1930s the people were considered a "God fearing" people who had utmost respect for the rule of law.Today many have open disrespect and contempt for the law, and other people. It's this attitude which lead to the shooting at the theater.

No invading army is going to let a few people with pop guns stand in its way once the government has surrendered. Why is a democratically elected government a threat? So far as civil unrest is concerned, there's the official military to deal with it.
Our government like most is extremely corrupt and there is a good chance that very few elections are fair. Lest just say things are not as good as they use to be and people might one day get tired of politicians supporting dictators who like to commit genocide and taking away our fundamental rights.

"People should not fear there government, government should fear it's people." This is a very popular quote here.

Note: We are not a democracy like the rest of the world believes, we are a Republic.

Last edited:

Lets make guns illegal. Citizen now has knives and bats. Outlaw gets gun cause it is better than a knife. Citizen dies from gun cause he was not able to have one.

I agree, it can get nasty...
Not sure what the solution is though...

The best thing to do in such a situation is to learn to be "invisible". As best as possible that is. Don't make yourself a target. If you have, say an AR-15, don't go wagging it around where everybody can see it. A guy with a bolt gun with a scope sees it might say "oooo. . .nice". One shot later he has the AR-15. As the old saying goes "Out of sight, out of mind".

Last edited:
The best thing to do in such a situation is to learn to be "invisible". As best as possible that is. Don't make yourself a target. If you have, say an AR-15, don't go wagging it around where everybody can see it. A guy with a bolt gun with a scope sees it might say "oooo. . .nice". One shot later he has the AR-15. As the old saying goes "Out of sight, out of mind".
Yea. I see a lot of preppers with some nice camo bags and custom camo paint jobs on their rifles and AR's. Who knows maybe the guy with the AR will shoot the man with the bolt gun cause he could use some extra range.

Yea. I see a lot of preppers with some nice camo bags and custom camo paint jobs on their rifles and AR's. Who knows maybe the guy with the AR will shoot the man with the bolt gun cause he could use some extra range.
Yeah that's possible, if he stays out of sight of the guy with the bolt gun. Then he has to wait for his target to get into range. AR in .223Rem./5.56 Nato effective range on body shot is about 300 meters. A bolt gun in .308 win., about 1000 meters.

Last edited:
Gday Minchi, Just a couple of things............Our gun laws are very strict, we had a massacre similar to Colorao in '96.... 35 killed. As a kneejerk reaction our Govt banned all auto and semi auto's, including pump action. There was a massive "Guns Buyback" whereby all "Legally owned" guns were bought from you by the Govt. That of course left all illegal guns in the hands of the bad guys.
To purchase a little .22 you will need to obtain a letter from a farmer saying that you can shoot rabbits and fox's on his property.
Handguns can be obtained after a lot of paperwork and you MUST join a club and shoot regularly or lose your gun. Cc is almost unheard of.
I am retired of 20,000 acres and was privy to hi power centrefire rifles.
The bad guys ..... dont seem to have to much trouble getting handguns here.

The other thing.........I wish we had your 2nd amendment.

Cheers.......The Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom