Colorado Shooting - How horrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...to-unveil-bill-regulating-online-sale-of-ammo

New law proposed to “make it harder for criminals to anonymously stockpile ammunition through the Internet.”

How dumb can these politicians be? I can go to a gas station, gun store or walmart an buy as many rounds as I want with cash an no one knows who I am. If I buy online I have to give my name address an credit card number. Then an agent of the US government has to bring the ammo to me an place it in my hand an have me sign for it.

Jiminy Christmas, can they put anymore innuendo in that article?
“safer for law-abiding Americans who are sick and tired of the ease with which criminals can now anonymously stockpile for mass murder,”
"two .40-caliber semi-automatic handguns commonly used by police officers.”

They make it out like anyone who handles large amounts of ammunition is a mass murderer.

I expect that they'll try to regulate online sales again at some time, but it is very easy work around those regulations. A type 3 Curio and Relic federal firearms license costs $30.00 for 3 years. They are painless to get and allow you to get dealer pricing on ammunition, gun parts, and C&R firearms from most online dealers.

ETA:
As someone pointed out in the comments on Rebel's link. He only used 50-75 rounds of .223, 8rounds of 12 gauge, and 15 rounds of .40 s&w. Why aren't they talking about quantities that were used rather than hyping up the potential.

Last edited:
Jiminy Christmas, can they put anymore innuendo in that article?
“safer for law-abiding Americans who are sick and tired of the ease with which criminals can now anonymously stockpile for mass murder,”
"two .40-caliber semi-automatic handguns commonly used by police officers.”

They make it out like anyone who handles large amounts of ammunition is a mass murderer.

I expect that they'll try to regulate online sales again at some time, but it is very easy work around those regulations. A type 3 Curio and Relic federal firearms license costs $30.00 for 3 years. They are painless to get and allow you to get dealer pricing on ammunition, gun parts, and C&R firearms from most online dealers.

ETA:
As someone pointed out in the comments on Rebel's link. He only used 50-75 rounds of .223, 8rounds of 12 gauge, and 15 rounds of .40 s&w. Why aren't they talking about quantities that were used rather than hyping up the potential.

I shoot 100 rounds when I go to the range.

I bet a large part of the population that does not even own guns has 100 rounds of ammo laying around is a junk box somewhere. Here where I live I bet most houses have at least 1000 rounds on hand most of the time.

I am a pepper so you know my on hand number is far grater then that, and buying in bulk is much cheaper then buying 50 rounds at a time. That bill will only hurt our economy, but who would expect the politicians to think or care about that.

I always maintain several thousand rounds as do most of the people that I shoot with.
I also have a C&R so dealer to dealer sales would still work for me.

Just on the fridge I have 100 round box of 12 gauge, a 10 round box of PDX1s for the 410 an a 525 round box of .22lr.....

Not even getting in to the stuff in the gun case.

I also have a box of .380s somewhere an I have never owned a gun that shot .380. Think there is a box of .38s in the truck along with some 000 for the .410....

I am sure there is at-least 1000 round around here. No where near the prepper range though. If I got all .22lr though I could have the prepper 10K number of rounds for under $400. May do that one day when moneys better...

Just on the fridge I have 100 round box of 12 gauge, a 10 round box of PDX1s for the 410 an a 525 round box of .22lr.....

Not even getting in to the stuff in the gun case.

I also have a box of .380s somewhere an I have never owned a gun that shot .380. Think there is a box of .38s in the truck along with some 000 for the .410....

I am sure there is at-least 1000 round around here. No where near the prepper range though. If I got all .22lr though I could have the prepper 10K number of rounds for under $400. May do that one day when moneys better...
You never know when you will need stock piled ammo. I have some neighbors that over do it and they will not be able to take most of their stuff with them. Plus they do not prep the most important part of prepping. Physical Fitness.
10k ammo reminds me of this video

Last edited:
You never know when you will need stock piled ammo. I have some neighbors that over do it and they will not be able to take most of their stuff with them. Plus they do not prep the most important part of prepping. Physical Fitness.
10k ammo reminds me of this video

Darned funny video. That guy has a great sense of humour!

I guess he wouldn't need to take quite so much food if he was just going to the local store, though.
lau.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom