Colorado

I got the nine quale into the modified rabbit hutch. They seem to be settling in well. I made a feeder and waterer for them. The feeder is made out of pvc and is a gravity feed unit. The waterer is also made from pvc. It has a reservoir, delivery piping and another piece of pvc pipe with poultry nipples on it. They have taken to it pretty easily. Both devices work pretty well. Time will tell how it will work during the cold months. I will keep everyone informed.
I ended up with 5 females and 4 males. I will separate out 3 males next week and put them in a grow out pen for later use.

Last edited:
Just an FYI to all Coloradans I just posted this guy in the re-homing forum. Beautiful red bantum frizzle rooster. He has been handled almost everyday of his 5 1/2 month life by three very loving children. We are very sad to see him have to go.
[/IMG]

Just an FYI to all Coloradans I just posted this guy in the re-homing forum. Beautiful red bantum frizzle rooster. He has been handled almost everyday of his 5 1/2 month life by three very loving children. We are very sad to see him have to go.
[/IMG]

Where are you located?

the blue runner duck that had bumblefoot just passed away. :'( i think i caught the infection a little too late. When i went to bed he was doing great. When i woke up to go to the bathroom and check on him he was gone. He had survived a dog attack, where me and my wife nursed him and his lady back to health. Its hard losing a pet we got so attached to.

Just finalized an agreement known as a "Satellite Flock Raising Agreement." Another party will be buying chicks from a Dominique breeder from NH, and have them shipped to me. These chicks are from a breeder friend of mine that I have known for years. Good stock too. I will raise them (feed, house, care, etc) while the other party is getting their facilities ready to go. When the chicks are between 4-6 months old, the other party will come to my place and we will split the chicks they purchased. This will be done like kids do when playing dodgeball or like a sports draft..... First the cockerels, each taking their turn picking their favorite until all the cockerels are gone, then do the same with the pullets.
This agreement helps them out, and gives them a head start, while also giving me some more genetic diversity in my flock of Dominiques.

Still trying to decide on which cockerels to keep and which to cull......:p

BTW; BBB turkeys eat as much as 10 chickens or more.... I went from filling the 5 gallon feeder once a week, to filling it every 2 days. Pigs with feathers.

the blue runner duck that had bumblefoot just passed away. :'( i think i caught the infection a little too late. When i went to bed he was doing great. When i woke up to go to the bathroom and check on him he was gone. He had survived a dog attack, where me and my wife nursed him and his lady back to health. Its hard losing a pet we got so attached to.

Sorry about the duck. When I lost the last good pullet from my own breeding a month ago I was depressed for days.

We're in Divide, about 30-minutes west of Colorado Springs. Just got started with chickens this year and I'm in love!

I have a beautiful 12-week old Barnevelder cockerel hatched from a Fossil Rock Farm egg. The Breeder says her writing on the egg indicated it was from pure Johan bloodlines. We aren't zoned for roosters, and I'm forced to part with this darling boy. He's absolutely as sweet as they come and beautiful. Anyone in the Colorado Springs area interested? Just want a good home for him. You can contact me through the add in the Colorado Springs Craigslist.

I also have a couple of nice 14-week old Dominique pullets I'd be willing to sell or trade for a true Ameraucana, Dorking, Partridge Chantecler, Buckeye, or Delaware pullet.

We're in Divide, about 30-minutes west of Colorado Springs. Just got started with chickens this year and I'm in love! I have a beautiful 12-week old Barnevelder cockerel hatched from a Fossil Rock Farm egg. The Breeder says her writing on the egg indicated it was from pure Johan bloodlines. We aren't zoned for roosters, and I'm forced to part with this darling boy. He's absolutely as sweet as they come and beautiful. Anyone in the Colorado Springs area interested? Just want a good home for him. You can contact me through the add in the Colorado Springs Craigslist. I also have a couple of nice 14-week old Dominique pullets I'd be willing to sell or trade for a true Ameraucana, Dorking, Partridge Chantecler, Buckeye, or Delaware pullet.
Where did you get your Dominiques?

Back
Top Bottom