Colorado

Wow, I thought the wind was bad earlier.... it's now 30mph with gusts of 50.
hide.gif

I watched my poor chickens try to get back into their coop, but they caught wind
gig.gif
and started getting pushed in the opposite direction. We had to go out and save them.

We built our own coop... it looks like a little barn. I don't know how to upload a picture in here yet. We are going to build another one soon, but we have to write up the design again.... it was in jots and notes last time and got lost.

We just got back from south Co Springs for a 3 game found robin softball tourney and only got 1 1/2 in. The wind and sleet coming home were HORRIBLE!!! Now it's snowing here
tongue.gif

And a welcome to all the new peeps! Bucket04 and NCLittle
welcome-byc.gif

It's been snowing up near me since 1ish. We've only got about 3" though. It's all cozy here! The chooks are tucked into their coops, and I have a roaring fire going in the house. I pulled 2 loaves of bread out of the oven a little bit ago, so the house smells yummy. Since it's yucky out I'm in the mood to bake. I pulled out some frozen fruit, and just put a strawberry peach pie into the oven. I'm having fun having a snow day!!!

I didn't let any of my chickens out today. Glad because when we got back from town, it had already started raining. Even my goats hid all day!

Unfortunately, we chose yesterday to move our five 8-week-old chicks outside. I barely slept a wink all night worrying about them (huge wind storm here too). They were fine this morning but still a little freaked. We added some hay to their temp outdoor coop, and I sprinkled their first corn there too.

Can't believe we got about 2-4 noticeable inches of snow! BTW: Good idea, I think I'll bake some cinnamon walnut bread. Make the house smell good.

Back
Top Bottom