Colorado

Hello all! My sister and nephews are starting a small flock of 4 egg layers and are looking for young chicks. Under a week if possible. If you have anything let me know what and how much. Thanks! Jim.

Hi All! I'm on the Kansas forum, but saw this posted by a friend of mine in Co Springs on my facebook page. If coloradoians are anything like Kansasan and help each other out - I thought that maybe some of you that aren't as affected by the fire might be able to help out those that are: EMERGENCY!!! wE ARE NEEDING ANYONE WHO IS ABLE TO TAKE LIVESTOCK THAT ARE DISPLACED FROM THE DEBEQUE FIRE FOR A FEW DAY!! IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE WHO MAY BE HAVE LAND, OR OTHER AREAS TO HELP PLEASE CALL MYSELF, (970-234-5966), OR THE SHERRIFF POSSE BY CONTACTING THE SHERRIFFS OFFICE, OR ANNISSA MIRACLE 970-210-1411. THIS IS NEEDED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Sorry I don't have anything but will pray! These fires have been aweful so far this year.

Greetings all,

The time has come for me to finally get some chicks( I'm looking for day/week olds or near that). My pet chicken has the breeds I want, but I would rather source locally (I'm in Colorado Springs). I'm looking to get 4 chicks... 2 EE plus two more. From all the choices, on  the top of my list are Orpingtons, Plymouth Rock, red or black Star and Australorp in that order. I'm also open to other breeds that are cold hardy and are not especially flighty ( I will have a 4x8 run, but intend to let them out in the yard a few hours a week and have only a 4.5' fence). 

I know Wardle's up in Denver carries a decent selection of chicks, but they rarely have EE in stock and those are the hens I really want. Any other feed stores with a good selection? I'd be willing to make a day trip if there is something with in 200 mi or so. 

Any breeders out there with these or other breeds?

thanks,

Mo

I'm in Loveland, so a couple hours away, but I JUST got chicks in the mail today, hatched the 27th. We got 16 from cackle hatchery (minimum order and they sent an extra). 5 red sex link (red star), 6 black Australorp and 5 EE's. We can only keep 4 of them so if you wanted some of my girls, I have the breeds you are looking for! I just picked them up from the PO this morning. All 16 are running around looking healthy, eating (organic soy free, corn free starter) and drinking. They are SO cute! $15 for 4 if you are interested. :)

Hello all! My sister and nephews are starting a small flock of 4 egg layers and are looking for young chicks. Under a week if possible. If you have anything let me know what and how much. Thanks! Jim.

Sorry, I missed your post when replying to Mo. We'd have spare chicks for your sister, too!

Babies checking out their new home. :)

Hiya Josh
frow.gif

Ideal Hatchery has had some great specials too but I would be afraid to ship in this heat.

Hi All,
just wanted to give you an update on us.
We are still evacuated and not sure when we can get back in
hoping to hear something today at the next press conference

my chickies are still with a friend (SOOO THANKFUL) that I relocated
them when I did.
Wendy

Hi All,
just wanted to give you an update on us.
We are still evacuated and not sure when we can get back in
hoping to hear something today at the next press conference

my chickies are still with a friend (SOOO THANKFUL) that I relocated
them when I did.
Wendy

I hope you get to go back soon, know you are in my thoughts and probably most if not all of us on the forum.
hugs.gif

This is for Rock, cuz he needs a Narragansett turkey fix.....

They were tired. It was overcast, and a cooler than recent breeze was blowing through the pen. They were WAY too comfortable!

Thank you...Someday I need to come down; have a glass of Iced Tea; and have you tell about your flock.

Course while you're talking, I get to hold a turkey...that goes without saying.
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom