Colorado

Well, I went to the show as well. Was excited to be there and met Black Cochin Bantams in person!!! Nice to put a face to a name. And what a nice person Craig is. We had a great conversation and I learned a few things. Missed you Coopa. Was hoping to meet you but I had to leave at noon. Didn't purchase ant chickens but got a lead on some chickens that I wanted. Drooled over the chickens that you bought Chick-In_The_Burbs. Was so tempted to buy those buff Brahmas but resisted. Hope that you enjoy your birds-they are beautiful. Saw the Polish but the stink eye got me. They were pretty as well. See that is my problem, they are all so pretty!!
Looking forward to the next chicken fest!! Maybe next time we can get a group from the Otherside of Co. together and come over!! Take care all. Heading to the western slope tomorrow. Lynn

Here's a few more pics from the show (of course I was focused on the Cochins!):

Best of Breed - White Bantam Cochin Cock by Beany Schrader:
40221_bb_cock_by_beany_schrader.jpg

Best of Variety - Bantam Black:
40221_ch_asiatic.jpg

Champion Asiatic - Black LF Cochin Cock by Junior Abby Baker
40221_dscf9213.jpg

Craig Hansen (BYC member Black Cochin Bantams from Iowa) and his Best of Variety Columbian:
40221_craig_hansen.jpg

Shylee's (BYC member sackman) Best of Variety Mottled Pullet:
40221_dscf9193.jpg

Some Junior Girls showing their Bantam Reds:
40221_juniors_with_reds.jpg

Craig and Yours Truly:
40221_craig_hansen_gail_carlson.jpg

Last edited:
What a fun time at the RMFF!!! Meeting Craig from Iowa, Gail with her great pics of the show (glad you like the quilt!), visiting with a hopeful backyard chicken raiser from Pueblo, seeing Bonnie & Walt from Fountain, meeting the gentleman from NE with the brahmas, talking with Lynette & seeing her paint silkie rooster....lots of work done by Brenda, John B, Beany, Jack & more that I am not remembering. Huge pat on the back to all those folks.
I didn't even come home with an extra chicken......but did take a pic of my silkie youngsters in fall leaves....
17059_dsc06095.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shylee, that silkie photo is great. Love those youngsters. What color are they?

Duke and Daisy are doing great. Seem to be fitting in fine, although Duke isn't too sure about my OEGB crele cockerel who happens to be several months his junior!! He pretty much just stays out of the little guys way.

Back
Top Bottom