Colorado

wee.gif
Woo Hoo!

Got a total of 11 fence posts in for the new chicken compound!

Two views. There is one post not in the photos. Hoipefully the weather will cooperate for a couple more days and most of the posts will be in!

Looking west

Looking North

Last edited:
Wow WSmith, that is some serious chicken square footage! Pictures like that are seriously bad for making me want to stay in Denver. Keep em coming :)

Mark

Thanks! You can see in the "looking west" photo the completed backyard fence..... We finished the backyard fence last week.
The chicken yard/compound will go to the end of that fence.

Last edited:
Is there any other swaps in Colorado area other then Denver Urban Homesteader's one?

I don't know about what happens south of the metro area but up north here there is also a swap the same day as the Denver one in Greeley, It's at JT Feed http://www.jtfeeds.com/ and starts real early. We have been known to go to both on the same day because Greeley starts so early and Denver so late that we can do both if we hussle, we have the ducks already loaded up anyway.
Also there is one in Brighton on the odd months starting in March on the second Sunday. It's behind the Ace Hardware on Bromley Lane. That's another real early one.

The chickens slept in their new (but not totally finished) coop last night. There's very little better than knowing those adorable yet horrendously stinky and, at 6 weeks, huge chickies are no longer i my garage! They seem to be much happier, too.

Almost hit a wild turkey on the way in to work this morning - wandering in the middle of the road near 48th and Harlan. I've never seen them venture into the city before!

No way ! Really!! We don't even have them up here, the stupid coyotes have probably done away with them.

But, my dd and I were coming back from watching my oldest dd play softball in Alamosa and somewhere between Fountain and Pueblo we saw a large group of them down in a river (no water) gully. There were probably about 20 of them and some of the males were fanned out. Beautiful!!! I was rediculously excited. It's just so cool to see animals in the wild now days.

There was a guy on CL last week that posted about 5 female wild turkets landed on his property and he would sale them for $40 a piece. That's just not right in my opinion.

No way ! Really!! We don't even have them up here, the stupid coyotes have probably done away with them.

But, my dd and I were coming back from watching my oldest dd play softball in Alamosa and somewhere between Fountain and Pueblo we saw a large group of them down in a river (no water) gully. There were probably about 20 of them and some of the males were fanned out. Beautiful!!! I was rediculously excited. It's just so cool to see animals in the wild now days.

There was a guy on CL last week that posted about 5 female wild turkets landed on his property and he would sale them for $40 a piece. That's just not right in my opinion.
Some people will do anything to make a buck. I mean honestly, just appreciate that the turkeys came to your stinking property.

Back
Top Bottom