Comparing quail sizes

Here is another photo of egg size comparison. The top carton is my old line of quail. The bottom carton is from my JMF and CL lines of birds. You can see the eggs in the bottom carton completely fill the slot while the eggs in the upper carton have much more space around them.
just out of curiosity where do you get those type of egg cartons from? all i can seem to find is the plastic ones and larger eggs do not fit in them.

just out of curiosity where do you get those type of egg cartons from? all i can seem to find is the plastic ones and larger eggs do not fit in them.

I found them on eBay last summer. Had to buy 100 ct
this is a pic with my original mixed coturnix eggs, not the JMF.

I got these on eBay last year from ozarkaviary.com. Unfortunately from what I understand they are not selling them anymore and I have never seen them elsewhere.

My JMF eggs were brown jumbo 'C' line.

So are mine

Unfortunately I lost 3 of my hens tonight. They had broken and torn up legs when I gatherered eggs and checked feeders this evening. Something grabbed their legs through the 1x1/2 inch wire that the floor of my big breeder pen is made of. Spent the next hour putting a second bottom with a 4 inch space between it and the first layer. Very aggregated. But I do have my first 50 eggs in the bator due to hatch next Friday, and 60 more saved to go in end of the week.

I have some of his Quail and They do lay Large eggs I feel for my hens just butcheed 14 extra roos
Poor hens had a roo on them when one got off and no time for a break I had too and now i have to eat one YUMMY rice ,quail baked tata and some Asparagus IM IN HEAVEN oh birds where 8 weeks old 16 oz to start .
Havent weighed them after becaue my cat kept coming in ........................

Dinner was the Best Quail dinner ever .
Started out Quail stuffed with Orange in a bread pan with just a little coconut oil
I got creative when i seen some raisens sprinkled some in the pan Let them Fall as they will right some Basil and some ginger
salt pepper to taste . Put in 2 bakers and done right ? off to start steamer with Rice and asparagus
OH NO Steamer is on but where is the steam ?SO Im upset Quickly opened up oven and out the Asparagus on top of Quail in Pan and put rice in a pot .

OK IM Not kidding this was AWESOME

Back
Top Bottom