Comparing quail sizes

Have to share this egg i got today this is out of a 10 week old Hen From JMF
as you can see the hips on his birds are Great and NO prolaps i check on the girls and guys Often and ill weight it too 2.8 0z

Last edited:
Still a little shocked my first thought was double or triple yolk Nope single Should of put it in the bator LOL 

With my JMF hens it always has to be a big and wide egg to be a double yoke. My tall eggs like that one seem to always be single yoke. So we just eat the really FAT ones. Lol.

Hi I am new to the forum. I was recording my chick weights. Weird time to weigh them I know but just had the time today. I think they are doing ok. Today they are 24 days and my average weight was 150 grams. The 2 smallest at 136 and the 2 largest at 175grams.. I hunted high and low for their parents, a trio, 2 Italians and a dark range Tibetan(?)
The hens are right at 13 oz. Roo is just slightly smaller and not cooperative with weighing:) I have a new hatch of 20, (wish I had pics) 1 day old today. So far hatched 30 birds from these 3 since we picked them up in Jan and we ate a bunch of eggs before the incubator got here. They have been hatching 85 to 90 % so I sure cant complain. I would like to find a few larger lines if possible but had a really hard time finding these. Lot of 6 to 10 oz birds around here. I think my Italians will carry the lethal golden gene but dont really know enough about. So i bred to the dark bird. Any info is appreciated

Hi I am new to the forum. I was recording my chick weights. Weird time to weigh them I know but just had the time today. I think they are doing ok. Today they are 24 days and my average weight was 150 grams. The 2 smallest at 136 and the 2 largest at 175grams.. I hunted high and low for their parents, a trio, 2 Italians and a dark range Tibetan(?)
The hens are right at 13 oz. Roo is just slightly smaller and not cooperative with weighing:) I have a new hatch of 20, (wish I had pics) 1 day old today. So far hatched 30 birds from these 3 since we picked them up in Jan and we ate a bunch of eggs before the incubator got here. They have been hatching 85 to 90 % so I sure cant complain. I would like to find a few larger lines if possible but had a really hard time finding these. Lot of 6 to 10 oz birds around here. I think my Italians will carry the lethal golden gene but dont really know enough about. So i bred to the dark bird. Any info is appreciated
You want to get the jumbo line from James Marie Farms, they carry 3 Jumbo varieties :) Their James Marie Jumbos and Texas A&M's.

I have their James Marie Jumbo C-line in the incubator now, huge eggs, I was amazed. Those are for egg production. I have a batch of Texax A&M's ready to come and be put right into the incubator once these come out. Those are for meat only. I have two cages for these two verieties to keep eggs and meat sustained :)

Hope this helps.

Hi I am new to the forum. I was recording my chick weights. Weird time to weigh them I know but just had the time today.   I think they are doing ok. Today they are 24 days and my average weight was 150 grams.  The 2 smallest at 136 and the 2 largest at 175grams..   I hunted high and low for their parents, a trio, 2 Italians and a dark range Tibetan(?)
   The hens are right at 13 oz. Roo is just slightly smaller and not cooperative with weighing:)  I have a new hatch of 20, (wish I had pics) 1 day old today.  So far hatched 30 birds from these 3 since we picked them up in Jan and we ate a bunch of eggs before the incubator got here.  They have been hatching 85 to 90 % so I sure cant complain. I would like to find a few larger lines if possible but had a really hard time finding these. Lot of 6 to 10 oz birds around here. I think my Italians will carry the lethal golden gene but dont really know enough about.   So i bred to the dark bird. Any info is appreciated

It looks to me like your chicks are a decent weight and sounds like you found some decent size breeders. Can't help you out with advice on the color genes, I've only had pharaoh colored birds.

Back
Top Bottom