Confused??

Tex63

In the Brooder
May 6, 2016
I have 32 chicks in age from 1 week to 6 weeks. All are doing well eating, drinking, playing, and growing. Except 1 barred rock it grew for a week and now seems stunted. All the other chicks other barred rocks included are growing and getting feathers. The little one is in a stasis. She eats, drinks, poops normal but is still fuzzy like a new chick except for 2 feathers. She is the size of the new chicks I just got a few days ago and they are just turning a week old. She doesn't appear sick or unhealthy just not growing up. They get plenty of water and electrolytes feeding 20% chick starter medicated, along with a chick treat and chick grit. They get some outside time in a small area I have fenced off just for them where they can be highly supervised. I just don't understand she eats fine and is as bossy as any of them, she likes to be held and loved on. Is this normal for her to be so small and not growing any feathers. I have had her five weeks now and her sister barred rock is fine and growing along with the others. Any insight is appreciated.

I have buff orpingtons that are the exact same age and one is almost twice the size of the other. I also see a significant difference in the size of some of my australorps. They are all healthy though. I think it's fairly normal. Is she still not feathering though? That does seem odd for that old.:confused:

Ill try to get my camera to work my phone doesn't always work well. Yes she still is not feathering like the others

[/IMG][/IMG]

Here are the pictures, she is 5 weeks old going on six and the same size as 1 week old chicks with little feathering.

Back
Top Bottom