Connecticut!

I was more pleased with CCC feed store in Manchester, but only the TSC had bantams and that's all my husband wanted. I begged CCC to let me have just 2 (they have the same 6-chick rule) and they finally relented as I'd explained we had six 1-week-olds from TSC and an existing flock. And I hung around a while and looked very very sad at not being able to get easter eggers. Of course I think I managed to pick at least one roo out of the EE "pullets". Awesome. Because our 3 cochin roos aren't enough.

Last edited:
I find it weird that there is somewhere in America called Manchester
To me, it's where I grew up in the UK you think its the only Manchester there is!
I always thought the name came from the mancunian canal running through the city
Wonder how the American Manchester got its name?
How is the American Manchester perceived? In the UK it very divided, think shameless( that's set in Manchester , some of the UKs worse areas are in Manchester but after London it has a lot of culture
Gallery's, theatres, museum s

Daphne Moon is from Manchester! (Huge Frasier fan, sorry!)

Plenty of places in the USA, particularly in New England, are named for places in Old England.

Last edited:
Adenium, CCC didn't do a great job sexing this year I think. Out of my 6, 2 are looking like roos. Luckily, we wanted 4 anyways, so this makes it easy. ;-)

Well, we can't blame them because they just get hatchery orders like TSC so it's the hatchery vent sexers....but it's sad. I already had the accidental roo experience 2 years ago with our hatchery order and had to rehome our big guy when he started mounting the little silkies. Couldn't believe it was actually the bantams that time that were all female!

I find it weird that there is somewhere in America called Manchester
To me, it's where I grew up in the UK you think its the only Manchester there is!
I always thought the name came from the mancunian canal running through the city
Wonder how the American Manchester got its name?
How is the American Manchester perceived? In the UK it very divided, think shameless( that's set in Manchester , some of the UKs worse areas are in Manchester but after London it has a lot of culture
Gallery's, theatres, museum s

There are many, many towns in 'New England' named after Britian counterpart...anything ending in 'shire' or 'ton', etc most likely was named after a place in England.

Back
Top Bottom