Connecticut!

Right across the border from CT in RI there will be a livestock auction on Sunday. I will be heading there sporting my overalls in all their glory. Foster, RI

http://dannysauction.com/livestock.htm

He should have a good number of chickens and such. Thinking about adding to my flock but don't tell the boss.....

How was it? I went to the Palm Sunday auction at Danny's. Didn't end up picking any birds there (though I got hatching eggs).

X2,
welcome-byc.gif
, I'm in the New Haven area too.
smile.png
Hi to you in NH. Im pretty close in Clinton.

Anyone going to the show in Durham, June 1st? If your going to the show pm me I would love to meet you there and talk chicken.
I am going! Im so excited!!

Right across the border from CT in RI there will be a livestock auction on Sunday. I will be heading there sporting my overalls in all their glory. Foster, RI

http://dannysauction.com/livestock.htm

He should have a good number of chickens and such. Thinking about adding to my flock but don't tell the boss.....
How was it?

Well Folks, Its been a while, but Im getting back into it!

We had a hard winter, but spring has arrived and I am now ready to get some more silkies. I was going to get some chicks from Bobbi Porto but my husband doesn't want to do the chick thing again. So I am hoping to get 2-3 young pullets that are from SQ lines, and have lots of SQ potential. Im not too picky about color as I am starting out fresh. I know I do love the Splash and Paints. (I really wish Judy Lee was selling birds again) I also love the self blue, porcelain, buff, red, BBS, salmon, tye-dye... heck, anything as long as it is sweet, and nice type.

She will be a show bird, but mostly my buddy that will travel with me and be my friend. Any suggestions of who would offer something like this to a girl just starting back up? I was thinking of asking Karen Larsen, maybe Geri G... anyone else?

Thank you all.
Kristen

Looking for a pure Amauracauna pullet I have 2 month olds and 2 1/2 month olds now so looking for something in that age range thanks in advance.

How was it? I went to the Palm Sunday auction at Danny's. Didn't end up picking any birds there (though I got hatching eggs).
They had a lot of rabbits and chickens, a few geese, 4 goats and some quail.
They had a beautiful Black Jersey Giant Rooster (BJG) that I wanted but since I already had a roo, no go.
I wanted to buy a lot that had a barred rock and BJG hens, but they did the livestock last and I was tired of waiting for 3 hours for them to quit auctioning the junk to get to the good stuff. Many chicks, bantams and so on. I didn't like how I saw the chicks handled when one of the owners were dividing them to lots and being inspected by the state animal inspector. I was told the Palm Sunday auction is awesome for livestock so I will go next year.

Oh and the boss forbade additions to the flock. But I will be working some angles to get guineas. Dog's tick collar is no longer working and I see an opportunity! Unfortunately, she hates them so I will have to figure that out.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom