Connecticut!

I haven't had a chance to read through this whole thread (714 pages, woot woot!); I live in Moosup (Northeastern corner).

I have 2 Salmon Faverolles, 2 Barred Rocks and 1 Americauna (all hens). One of my Faverolles has gone broody recently.

I'm also expected a surprise Cackle Hatchery shipment the last week of March ~ EXCITED!!
celebrate.gif

No eggs for me. My shipment will just be chicks (although technically a surprise, I could get ducks, geese in the box too).

The eggs my broody girl is sitting on unfertilized eggs. I keep taking them away but the other girls keep readily giving her new ones. ;)

Oh no... I'm sorry for your loss. We almost had a hawk incident the other day, and I was lucky to have been outside to herd the chickens into their run just in time.
As for chickens, I'm sure I'll have extras. I'll post what I have for sale when the time comes and I can PM you if you want. I'm planning to grow them out for about 8 weeks before I decide which to sell. I'll have pretty and some rare birds for sure :)

Thanks...

Thank you for posting about the sale Diadado
I just happen to need feed & now I know where I'm heading after Valentine's Day
thumbsup.gif

Totally because of the snow cover, but my girls have not been out of their run.
I kinda like knowing they're safe all day!
smile.png

The hawk attack we lived thru still makes us shudder.

When this snow melts (March? April?) we are definitely doing the chunnel.

One of my 2 3month old Ameraucana chicks was killed yesterday by one of my 6 month old pullets after being slowly introduced and having no issues for several days after leaving them together 24/7. Now I have the surviving chick back in the house alone. I'm not sure what to do. Doesn't she need a companion?

Back
Top Bottom