Connecticut!

I was just at the Danbury Agway and they are setting up for chicks! They are due in on Friday. RIR, Speckled Sussex, Sex links, Jersey Giants, Australorps, and I forget what else. Everyone get your brooders ready, chick season is here!
jumpy.gif

Everyone save the Date,
APRIL 12
will be the chicken event at Gossett Brother's Nursery In South Salem NY. My Pet Chicken will be there and they are reserving a hoop house for people to swap and sell chicks and Chickens. More info to come as it develops!

D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

ooh exciting, thanks for the info Jill!

Soooo - beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Let the girls out for some fun in the sun.

Checked on them faithfully every 15 minutes.

Heard a bluejay shouting so went to the back door just in time to see the jay dart into the hedges and a cooper's hawk right behind him.
Slipped my shoes on & hurried to our "problem corner", the hawk was circling around the trees and within a few minutes took off -hopefully because I was standing there.

My girls were hiding in the hen house .... hopefully smart from last time.
Maybe they were just in there to lay though & had lucky timing. idk.
Either way, BLEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doors of hen house & run are locked now, girls in. Such a nice day :(
Maybe will let them out for a bit at the end of the day when I get home.

Really looking forward to building the chicken tunnel!!!!!!!!
hide.gif

Are there any places in the northeastern corner of CT that have less than a 6 chick minimum? Not that I will actually need more chicks on my bator hatches out and my shipment comes in but just in case I don't get some of the breeds I really want.

Chicken math! Argh.

jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom