• Other

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
Pics

Karasu

Premium Feather Member
Dec 10, 2021
United Kingdom
I have seen some other conure owners on BYC, but I don't know of any threads discussing them. I would like to encourage those of us that own conures (green cheeked, sun, golden, or any other type) to post pictures of these sweet, opinionated birds here, or simply introduce them. Chickens have a special place in my heart, but caged birds are where my passion lies, and green-cheeked conures are perhaps my favorite of that category.

Currently, I own a green-cheeked conure named Kirby. I also have zebra finches and budgies.
1651187914447.png

Last edited:
Since all the conure lovers have gathered here, is there such a thing like a quiet conure per say? Or all conures are sound boxes?
Cage birds in general are noise boxes. Supposedly the Green Cheeks are "quieter" then others but they are still very chatty and can be loud when they get going. I have three budgies and they LOVE starting their mornings with a song. It's not very loud but to most people it'd be very annoying- especially at 6:30 in the morning. I enjoy their chatter because it does sound cute and I know that means they are happy and healthy.

Last edited:
Since all the conure lovers have gathered here, is there such a thing like a quiet conure per say? Or all conures are sound boxes?
I'd say green cheeks are fairly quiet. They're less annoying than my budgies - someone gave me my budgies because they were so much louder than their other pairs. However, they can screech quite loudly when upset, even if that noise isn't as constant.

Back
Top Bottom