Coop and Run Pics

My6Chicks

Chirping
12 Years
Apr 13, 2010
Yarmouth, Maine
Hello, We are newbies with chicks and are the proud owners of 6 hens (see signature line for breeds). They are happy, healthy and have started to lay eggs. We are very excited. My wife is the primary hen care giver, and I am the primary coop and run builder. I think we built a nice place for them to live. I've attached some pictures for your reading pleasure.

54146_coop17.jpg

54146_img_0407.jpg

54146_img_0413.jpg

Thanks for looking. There is more construction type information listed on my web page...

Thanks for your nice comments. Here are some inside pics for you. You can also go to my page and see more details. The inside has 3 nest boxes, 2 removable roosts, a sweep door for easy cleaning, electricity for a heated water dish (gets frigid in Maine in the winter), many vents and a rubber floor under the pine shavings (hopefully will etend the life of the plywood floor). Hope these pics are helpful...

54146_roosts.jpg

54146_img_0412.jpg

54146_outlet.jpg

54146_feeders.jpg

Looks fantastic!!

You may however want to switch out their roosting branches for 2x4's....having a flat surface (the 4" side) they'll be able to keep their feet warm in the winter therefore avoiding frostbite on their toes...also, you'll want some sort of window covering for your window so they don't get too much of a draft come wintertime. I hope you don't mind me making those suggestions, but that's what I'd do.

But it looks great! I love the run as well!!

Nice job on the coop and run, I like the tunnel out to the run. I also like the hoop shaped run so in the winter you can put a tarp or something over it so the run will stay dry and snow free.
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
bow.gif

P.S Is that concrete mesh you used as the base layer on the run? looks heavy duty.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom