Coop design and build

[COLOR=800000]This may be terribly immodest and presumptuous of me, but when I recently undertook to build a coop & run, I found viewing others' projects of immeasurable value. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=800000]In that context, if you'd like to view my handy work, click on:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000080]http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/rarob1dustcover/library/coop[/COLOR]

[COLOR=800000]Do bear in mind that I did my project on the cheap by using pallet wood, discarded fence boards, and other salvageable materials[/COLOR].

I'm going to show my son your pictures, he's in the process of building a new (used) coop right now. I had to give all of my chickens away about two years ago when a solar farm was built across the road and caused the fox to find its food elsewhere. My chickens became its main source, I was losing one a day. Instead of just watching them go missing I gave them to a friend. This is the first year I have attempted to get some more. First I had 5 and we put up a quick pen. Well after about a week they got out before anyone was up and something killed all of them but only took one. I don't what would do that.

I'm going to show my son your pictures, he's in the process of building a new (used) coop right now. I had to give all of my chickens away about two years ago when a solar farm was built across the road and caused the fox to find its food elsewhere. My chickens became its main source, I was losing one a day. Instead of just watching them go missing I gave them to a friend. This is the first year I have attempted to get some more. First I had 5 and we put up a quick pen. Well after about a week they got out before anyone was up and something killed all of them but only took one. I don't what would do that.

Happy to answer any questions. The final thing is a little different than the original plans at the beginning. (2 feet smaller run, reversed the roof)

Wow just got in on the tail end..... great build.
pop.gif
caf.gif

Love your little office. makes me think.... when I re-build I may build my office IN the coop.

deb

Wow just got in on the tail end..... great build.
pop.gif
caf.gif

Love your little office. makes me think.... when I re-build I may build my office IN the coop.

deb

Loved building both this year. The coop is about 40 ft from my office. Close enough where I can keep tabs on them but not smell em.

@perchie.girl

Sounds great! That's far bigger than we're allowed to build in the city of SD!

LOL Dog kennel panels... one wall for prevailing wind one half wall to put in pop doors the rest is chainlink covered with Aviary panels. The key word here is "temporary" construction. Just working out a "temporary" or modular roofing system... to make it complete.

All the partitions internally are moveable. I am not in a wheel chair yet.... just planning for future. I need to draw up something else but My Cad system was lost in a computer rebuild.

I do ok with pen and paper though... Lots of people have seen these sorry for the repost.... I seem to be a broken record these days.

deb

Back
Top Bottom