Coop floor

josey8

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 25, 2015
Thayer kansas
I have an old garden shed I'm converting to a chicken coop and it has un treated plywood on the floor is there anything I can put on it to help prevent rotting without harming the chickens I was thinking of Thompson water dealer or a paint any suggestions would be appreciated

I have an old garden shed I'm converting to a chicken coop and it has un treated plywood on the floor is there anything I can put on it to help prevent rotting without harming the chickens I was thinking of Thompson water dealer or a paint any suggestions would be appreciated
The floor in my coop (previously a shed) is also untreated plywood. I just scrubbed it clean, rinsed it, toweled it dry then let it completely air dry and put two coats of Behr Porch and Floor paint on it. It's holding up great.
The only waterer in the coop is a bucket with 5 horizontal nipples on it so I don't have a lot of potential for moisture. And I use poop boards so not a lot of poop on the coop floor bedding either. I only clean the bedding out annually.

What is a poop board and what do you use for bedding
I use hemp bedding but have used large flake pine shavings too.
Poop boards in use. Roosts 13" over surface of the boards, centered over 24" wide boards.
2CAA8E144B7C_1586742748085.png

Boards cleaned each morning with metal cat litter scoop.
2CAA8E144B7C_1587056422546.png

Back
Top Bottom