Coop pics****

do u have any chicks now? i have bjgs and sussex 7 of each love them ..my roos just started to crow last week only 4 months old on the bjgs..really enjoy having them around the property..just hope no predators get them..dual purpose birds..

do u have any chicks now? i have bjgs and sussex 7 of each love them ..my roos just started to crow last week only 4 months old on the bjgs..really enjoy having them around the property..just hope no predators get them..dual purpose birds..

All my flock are hens. I currently have 7 Black Sex Links, & Black Australorps, 7 Easter Eggers, and 4 Buff Orpingtons. I like the BSLs and the BAs for their friendliness and excellent laying ability and the BOs for their beauty and calm, gentle temperament. I keep the EEs because my granddaughter loves the colored eggs. Are your Sussex speckled? I used to have some Speckled Sussex. They were sweet, friendly hens.

All my flock are hens. I currently have 7 Black Sex Links, & Black Australorps, 7 Easter Eggers, and 4 Buff Orpingtons. I like the BSLs and the BAs for their friendliness and excellent laying ability and the BOs for their beauty and calm, gentle temperament. I keep the EEs because my granddaughter loves the colored eggs. Are your Sussex speckled? I used to have some Speckled Sussex. They were sweet, friendly hens.
I meant to say 7 BAs.

Lovely coops! Lots of inspiration and copying to be done. I have a tricked -out rabbit hutch that just got an addition, but still needs trim and paint and other stuff to make it pretty.

the closed run is about 10x10, and only 3 feet high. The top wire roof rolls open for easy cleaning and access. The open run is 26x26 and enclosed by a 5 foot wood fence and 10 feet of deer fencing to keep my Wellsummers in. We have 8 chickens right now, but with the rest of the project complete we will easily be able to keep 12 or more. The compost bins are right inside the open run and the girls just poop straight into the boxes. Handy, that.

Okay The Sunnyside Up chicken resort is complete for now. I just planted 2 Tea Olives, 3 Ruby Lorepetalum, 2 maiden Grass. There is a hydrangea already growing and several Wax myrtle.
[/IMG][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom