Cornish rocks ?!!

We have had a lot of trouble out of the chickens that we purchased from TSC. 10 out of the 18 that we bought died within 36 hours. We got the feed and water-starter that they suggested. We have put in a complaint with the corporate office. We also bought Cornish Rocks but they look more like White Leghorns.

NO offence to anyone but the people at tsc can only do what they are told and tell you what they are told. they go by what the label on the back from the hatchery says. they go from there. They give you the info that the company gives them.

The leg stuff makes me think Cornish because they usually have trouble standing because their weight. But the weight doesn't sound right they get about 8+.

I could use some help here. We decided to "expand" our flock and purchased 28 Cornish Rocks from TSC-ranging from about 3-4 weeks of age. They all have been doing excellent and thriving as far as we could tell. However, when I went to change their water tonight, I noticed the 4 week olds are bleeding-their chests, tails, and some on the shoulder blades where they're feathering out is bleeding! I'm assuming this is maybe bc. the feather growth (well, the growth period) is so rapid in these birds, maybe too rapid, and their poor skin is just tender? This hasn't seemed to lead to pecking (yet!) but I'm searching for info to see if this is a common experience with this breed and not finding anything? Their stool is normal-no blood in stool-it is where the feathers are rooting out. Can anyone help? Thank You :/

Classy, I feel your pain. Mine are not bleeding, but they are about half bald, around their neck and on their rump. I have 14 Cornish rocks about four weeks old and they eat like crazy. If you put it down, they will eat. After feeding them, my wife saw them and thought they had tumors on their necks, the craw so full.
They are extremely friendly, run out off the coop when the fence is opened, run around my boots until they see the feed, then they run to the feed bowl. I have never seen anything feed like these chickens except on The Walking Dead.

We bought chicks from tsc the first week of march here is her picture, I am thinking she is ready for harvesting we bought all at the same time

Back
Top Bottom