Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Thanks to all you quitting driving and all the businesses closed, global warming cancelled, we now have a polar vortex snow storm and 6-12" inches of snow, record low temperatures, in May.....
But it's because the western artic is warm, pushing the cold down on you.. at least that's what the weather dorks here said.

But it's because the western artic is warm, pushing the cold down on you.. at least that's what the weather dorks here said.

Whether dorks often don't know what they are saying. They are driving in dark with the help of unreliable hypothesis and theories. Climate is changing we and they know it but how it is changing is difficult to understand.

April was more cooler than it should have been. The temperature was in twenties, instead of usual high thirties. It felt like March. It was also unusually wet. April is supposed to be very dry. March was also unusually wet.

Just found this thread - wish I could have found it a month ago, but my Internet was not working. It really would have helped!

Covid time has been very difficult for me. The Covid virus does not scare me much. But the unrelenting loneliness has been one of the worse things I have ever lived through.

Pre-Covid: I lived alone, but I was rarely lonely. I didn't like technology, and avoided it often - flip phone, no Internet, no TV in my house.

THEN Covid restrictions began - suddenly and unexpectedly.
With no warning, I changed overnight from being a mostly write-on-the-board classroom teacher to a "work from home using technology" teacher. This was incredibly stressful, because there was so much I didn't know. At the same time, connectivity issues prevented me from doing the online learning I needed to do to improve the situation. I tried to call colleagues for help, and friends, but they were all caught up in their own issues. What stress to be unable to do your job right (when children depend on you), and to be unable to do the learning necessary to improve the situation - and then to be unable to talk to others to help relieve that stress!

I wanted to yell to some of them "You have people in your house! I don't have anyone in my house! Do you have ANY idea how lonely that is?" But I didn't want to impose.

I think if I had not had pets, I might have lost my sanity. I brought some ducks in the house. I walked the dog. I petted the cat. It helped a little - just enough...

Very slowly, small bit by small bit, things improved. A few people finally were able to help a bit. My students and their parents - I am so thankful for them and proud of them - slowly began figuring things out. The students and I shared our slowly growing knowledge. Eventually, connectivity improved and I was able to learn even more.

And now? Well, now, some people are starting to be tired of social isolation. So now the neighbors who walk their dogs say "hi" and smile when they pass by six feet away. Now a neighbor invites me for a driveway chat. Now a friend agrees to walk with me for exercise. Now a colleague calls one day and chats with me.

So now life has improved a lot. Not back to normal, but better. But underneath I'm still reeling with a huge backlog of stress. And I still haven't hugged a live human being in more than two months. So I continue to act as if everything is fine, just like I've been doing all along. But it's a thin veneer.

Last edited:
That reminds me! How on earth are parents of a kindergartener getting away with not bothering with schoolwork? Since no one even reads with her, she flipped out about reading with me a few days ago. I mean, Fox in Sox was a book she was reading at three. The other day she breezed through “band” the first time it appeared, then stammered the other ten (or whatever) times. That book took over an hour!!!!!!!!!!! :th Believe me, two weeks ago she could read.

That reminds me! How on earth are parents of a kindergartener getting away with not bothering with schoolwork? Since no one even reads with her, she flipped out about reading with me a few days ago. I mean, Fox in Sox was a book she was reading at three. The other day she breezed through “band” the first time it appeared, then stammered the other ten (or whatever) times. That book took over an hour!!!!!!!!!!! :th Believe me, two weeks ago she could read.
My kids are slipping and they are 15 and 11. I think the schoolwork they send isn’t even helping them and I can’t make up lessons when I don’t even know what they are working on. We haven’t received any type of plans or anything, it’s frustrating. Be nice if they sent lesson plans. We have no books or anything, they were told to leave them at school.

Trying to get the 15 year old to do homework is hard enough and now it’s harder when nothing is being sent.

Just found this thread - wish I could have found it a month ago, but my Internet was not working. It really would have helped!

Covid time has been very difficult for me. The Covid virus does not scare me much. But the unrelenting loneliness has been one of the worse things I have ever lived through.

Pre-Covid: I lived alone, but I was rarely lonely. I didn't like technology, and avoided it often - flip phone, no Internet, no TV in my house.

THEN Covid restrictions began - suddenly and unexpectedly.
With no warning, I changed overnight from being a mostly write-on-the-board classroom teacher to a "work from home using technology" teacher. This was incredibly stressful, because there was so much I didn't know. At the same time, connectivity issues prevented me from doing the online learning I needed to do to improve the situation. I tried to call colleagues for help, and friends, but they were all caught up in their own issues. What stress to be unable to do your job right (when children depend on you), and to be unable to do the learning necessary to improve the situation - and then to be unable to talk to others to help relieve that stress!

I wanted to yell to some of them "You have people in your house! I don't have anyone in my house! Do you have ANY idea how lonely that is?" But I didn't want to impose.

I think if I had not had pets, I might have lost my sanity. I brought some ducks in the house. I walked the dog. I petted the cat. It helped a little - just enough...

Very slowly, small bit by small bit, things improved. A few people finally were able to help a bit. My students and their parents - I am so thankful for them and proud of them - slowly began figuring things out. The students and I shared our slowly growing knowledge. Eventually, connectivity improved and I was able to learn even more.

And now? Well, now, some people are starting to be tired of social isolation. So now the neighbors who walk their dogs say "hi" and smile when they pass by six feet away. Now a neighbor invites me for a driveway chat. Now a friend agrees to walk with me for exercise. Now a colleague calls one day and chats with me.

So now life has improved a lot. Not back to normal, but better. But underneath I'm still reeling with a huge backlog of stress. And I still haven't hugged a live human being in more than two months. So I continue to act as if everything is fine, just like I've been doing all along. But it's a thin veneer.
Sorry it has been so hard but
Glad things are improving :hugs :hugs
We all can share and Lean on each other here

Pretty soon it will be mandated by the gubment to wear Body Bubbles when we get our haircuts at Home Depot or take our wives out for a steak dinner at Walmart. But woe to them when they come to take my chickens or my guns...

Bubble Boy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom