correct dosage for Tylan-200 injectable?

technodoll

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I've searched online and seem to get a range of answers on this...

Does anyone here know the correct chicken dosage for Tylan-200 injectable?

I have both banties and LF girls to treat and want to be sure to dose the meds right...

Not too much but not too little either.

Also, how deep does the needle go into the breast muscle?

Thanks so much!!

D.gif

Tylan 200 dosage for large fowl is 0.5ml into the breast muscle about 1cm.
Bantam hen give between 0.1-0.2ml
Bantam roo give between 0,2-0.3ml
Give and follow up injection 48 hours later.

Oh boy, I was told 0.2ml every 24 hours for 3-5 days! She has had 3 doses so I guess she's well covered. Hope I didn't blow out her kidneys or liver! She had a bad eye infection & needless to say it's better! I'll start her on probiotics right away!

Oh boy, I was told 0.2ml every 24 hours for 3-5 days! She has had 3 doses so I guess she's well covered. Hope I didn't blow out her kidneys or liver! She had a bad eye infection & needless to say it's better! I'll start her on probiotics right away!

She'll be fine.

Here is a picture of Tylan dosing from Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook.

-Kathy

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but I have a bantam who has a respiratory issue, raspy breathing and wheezing. I have her .15 ml on Sunday and .2 today, Tuesday of the 200. She sounds a little better but not much. I am using diabetic needles as they are easier for me. An I dosing her wrong?

Back
Top Bottom