Duramycin 72-200 Egg Withdrawl

WhitneyM

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2023
I have a chicken with a respiratory infection. I gave her 1 dose (1CC she is 5-6 lbs) of Duramycin 72-200. In injected it into her breast. I have been researching but can’t find a direct answer. Does anyone know if/what the egg withdrawal period is? Thanks.

I have a chicken with a respiratory infection. I gave her 1 dose (1CC she is 5-6 lbs) of Duramycin 72-200. In injected it into her breast. I have been researching but can’t find a direct answer. Does anyone know if/what the egg withdrawal period is? Thanks.

@TudyBOT this is a good post for you to reply to.

There are a lot of different studies done in the past that you can Google if you look for “oxytetracycline egg withdrawal.” In the past most have recommended 2-3 weeks. There was one study that said at least 9 days. I would wait at least 14 days. FARAD publishes a list of approved meds for poultry along with some withdrawal times, but very few antibiotics are approved nowadays. Tylan (tylosin) is one that is.

Back
Top Bottom