correctional center employees .................a shout out to ........

hi everyone,
I had my interview yesterday and today I got a call and I got the job!!!!!!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH.
however my present employer is not happy right now!
i planned on telling her when I was sure I got the job, in the meantime they called her for a reference and also in the meantime I got a big bonus.
the first one in 7 years and only beacause I begged for it , since I am in desperate need of money( ie , my electric could be turned off !!!and my insurance couild be cans=celled and my lp gas tank picked up ! LOL and my car payments are 3 months late ).
mind you , i do not spend a lot , but I only make about 10K a year at this job, sooooooooooooooooo.
Oh well , I guess she will get over it.
I am still glad that I got the job and am looking forward to it !

Congrats!! I hope you enjoy your new job!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

congratulations!

My step daughter is a correctional officer- hard work, scary at times, but all in all, she really likes it. She had to take a medical leave once she started showing (pregnant) because it was too dangerous to have that big belly out there- but she just returned to work now that my grandson is six weeks old.
She has to re-earn the respect of everyone there. The prisoners try to get away with things, and she puts up with nothing...a few women sent to segregation and they learn real fast not to try anything with her.

You have to have a special mentality to work in corrections, detention.

I've been a Detention Officer for about 14 months, and its a different ball game from corrections, but you do have to change your whole way of thinking. Just make sure that you are consistent, follow the SOP to the letter and always, always keep your word. Most of these inmates... thats all they have, their word and respect. Don't disrespect them, but be firm and dont give in.

Glad to hear your interview went well, hope everything goes well with the job.

Back
Top Bottom