Coturnix Quail Basics- Information and Pictures Galore

The no medicated feed comes from a vet who specializes in game animals. But if your experience has been good keep doing what works for you. I chose to go all natural for my own reasons so I did not dig any further. There is veterinary research on the ill effects of regular antibiotic use but it has ill effects on us as well. I don't want super bugs or antibiotic resistant strains in my flock or my food. I think this debate really comes down to personal preference though.

i think so, but could be wrong. i know that almost everything nutrena makes for chickens, especially in a starter, is medicated.
Ok. Well, then I ,also,would like to know whats the list from those of you that have found non medicated feed. We pay extra at the market to stay away from antibiotics and would like to do the same with our eggs ...
Thanks
Kandi

IMG955974_zpsf58ce29f.jpg

This Is What I Feed My Adults,And Have No Issues AtAll. They All Lay Big Eggs Every Day And Seem Pretty Healthy. This Company Also Makes A Starter Feed With 28% Protein.

Startena comes in both medicated and non but to get the non you have to read ingredients label. It does not say non medicated on the bag at least here. But on the label there is nothing unnatural and no meds. I will post picture of my bag if my phone will let me. I think a lot of the debate comes from how long people intend on their birds layering and living. My birds live a much more natural life cycle than most. My theory is healthy happy birds taste better and their eggs taste better.

Last edited:
The Purina game bird products I use are not medicated.
There is alot of vitamins and minerals though.
The purina chick raiser that I use is flock raiser and it's not medicated either
Why bother raising your own if you have to keep them constantly medicated.

Back
Top Bottom