coturnix quail

Whoa there, I've made repairs on steel split by ice, I don't think any plastic egg holder is going to restrain that force of nature.

Well, about the only options to even attempt it are certain types of plastic or certain metals, maybe a ceramic. Rubbers all become too brittle as does just about everything at those temps.
Those plastic egg holders just would be easy to try because they are already molded.

I have this stuff that I use when I bed the action on a rifle, it's a silicon mold release. If you sprayed the egg with it so the foam would come off later, then covered the egg with a semi rigid urethane foam it might not crack.

DC most folks don't know what bedding a stock is or for..We obviously have even more in common
than I realized.

I put 14 of 15 inside a 3" circle @ 155 meters in 30 seconds (one was half inch high)
Armalite 7.62X51.

DC most folks don't know what bedding a stock is or for..We obviously have even more in common
than I realized.

I put 14 of 15 inside a 3" circle @ 155 meters in 30 seconds (one was half inch high)
Armalite 7.62X51.

Remind me not to come knocking at your house without an invite! :p

than I realized.

Armalite 7.62X51.
That's some good shooting with a semi auto. I'm a bolt gun fanatic myself but I need to add a semi auto or two to my safe before they try to cover them in safety padding or something.

I usually shoot four shots per out of my .243 at 100yds, but for some reason I'm letting it fly on the third shot every time. The first two shots will cut the edges of each other the third is always my flyer and the fourth will cut the first two holes again. The fours shots will be about 1-11/4" @100 but if I leave out my flyer its less than 3/4" When I first inherited my primary shooter it was only capable of about 1 3/4" groups at a hundred yards. It was new in the box when I got it (grandpa bought it when he was already to infirm to use it). The stock was pressing the on the barrel, it had no bedding, and the trigger was like 37 lbs lol. Now its sporting a rifle basix trigger that I run about 1 3/4lbs, aluminum bedding posts and compound bedding for the action. And I re-stained the stock and painted the rest. The worst part is until the barrel goes sour, i've finished this build...which means I need another rifle to build up...but I have a truck to finish before I can spare the money...I have too many expensive hobbies.

Get someone else to make the next third shot, to eliminate the possibility that its you. I know that sounds a little crazy, but try it.

You know what skeet shooting is? When I was growing up, both my parents were competition skeet shooters.

My dad was world champ in 1972 in his class, either double or triple A.

My mom has been on Outdoor Life, Field and Stream and Sports Afield's All american teams

And was the ladies Captain in Georgia for 15ish years.

I had an indoor pellet range when I was young, I love to shoot.

When I was in the service I always qualified as expert, and once at a training event, we were shooting from a dark area at targets in the light

and everytime the instructor got to me ( I think I was number 6) hes say on the speaker, "Number 6 Good Group"

When they turned off the lights the last round Someone shouted with some profanity, "All of you! Just be ------glad that number 6 aint shooting at you!"

lol

Will quail eggs that was kept in the fridge will hatch if i place under a broody bird

Back
Top Bottom