Could I Have Been Sold a Male Golden Comet?

thecreekhouse

Songster
Feb 26, 2015
East Tennessee
I bought my now-4 week old chick from
Tractor Supply. I was told that she was a female Golden Comet. However all the info I see online seems to indicate that she should
be turning reddish by now instead of remaining this pale golden/buff color. Could I have been sold a male sex-link chick by mistake? Here are some photos I took of her (I hope!) today. What do you think?

Last edited:
She actually looks like a buff orpington to me. Male red sex links, which is what a comet is, feather out almost all white except for the shoulders, so it's not that
smile.png
With due respect, it's not a Buff Orpington with those yellow legs. It might be a Buff Rock, but I agree that it doesn't look like a male Red Sex Link (Golden Comet).

She actually looks like a buff orpington to me. Male red sex links, which is what a comet is, feather out almost all white except for the shoulders, so it's not that :)

So does she look like a female Golfen Pullet? She's that very light buff color all over, almost white, with ever so slightly darker buff showing up
On her shoulders and chest. Is that consistent with a female Golden Comet? Her legs are yellow

So does she look like a female Golfen Pullet? She's that very light buff color all over, almost white, with ever so slightly darker buff showing up
On her shoulders and chest. Is that consistent with a female Golden Comet? Her legs are yellow
She looks like a Comet pullet to me. Being hybrids, Red Sex Links come in so many different shades and patterns

Back
Top Bottom