Could I Have Been Sold a Male Golden Comet?

Well that is good news! Thank u so much! How are you able to tell? Is their comb or coloring? Thank u for the info. I am new to chickens but am having so much fun reading, researching and learning! Who knew there was so much to know about chickens!

Well that is good news! Thank u so much! How are you able to tell? Is their comb or coloring? Thank u for the info. I am new to chickens but am having so much fun reading, researching and learning! Who knew there was so much to know about chickens!

You're welcome. We can tell by the colors of their feathering. Male Red Sex Links have white feathering; females have reddish feathering.

I bought 1 golden comet pullet and 1 gold laced Wyandotte last week (chicks are 1 week and 4 days) the little Wyandotte I'm pretty sure is a pullet but I am questioning the comet. It's very pale yellow with streaks of bright yellow and the comb is starting to develop where the other chicks isn't. Also, it's not feathering out as quickly as the Wyandotte. In my last batch of 6 pullets I ended up with 2 roos. These two little ones were supposed to make up for them, lol. Here's hoping I don't end up with another rooster. Is it too early to predict?? (my first batch is 9 weeks old and one of the roosters is crowing now for 2 weeks...so cute!)
Thanks!
Kim

Last edited:
I bought 1 golden comet pullet and 1 gold laced Wyandotte last week (chicks are 1 week and 4 days) the little Wyandotte I'm pretty sure is a pullet but I am questioning the comet. It's very pale yellow with streaks of bright yellow and the comb is starting to develop where the other chicks isn't. Also, it's not feathering out as quickly as the Wyandotte. In my last batch of 6 pullets I ended up with 2 roos.  These two little ones were supposed to make up for them, lol. Here's hoping I don't end up with another rooster. Is it too early to predict??  (my first batch is 9 weeks old and one of the roosters is crowing now for 2 weeks...so cute!)
Thanks!
Kim

The nice thing about comets is they're sex linked, meaning the sex is linked to the color. Gold/yellow is female, silver/white is male. Your chick sounds female, being gold based.

I was told these.were lavendar orp chicks. How do i tell if they are male or female? They are two days old and im new ro raising chickens!

Back
Top Bottom